RTN/RTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I know this has been discussed before, but since I have been out the of the loop for a couple months so I want to get caught up.

Is anyone getting RTN/RTV on a regular basis? I know it is a weak signal, but last Sunday I had it on most of the day at 53% which was decent video with a few minor blurps. Then all thru last week I couldn't raise any kind of signal until around 2am Friday morning, it was again at 53%. What I am getting around to, is this channel worth messing around with or should I just chalk it up to a weak signal and forget about it? That would be hard because I like this channel and part of the fun of being a FTAer is the challange of the hunt and the the thrill of victory.

As always, your valued opinions are appreciated.

I get RTN fine on my 90cm Primestar. Since Leo one moved to 87 it's better than ever. Its signal isn't a barnburner but very usable and stable daily. You may need to do a bit of tweaking.

Pro, is that what that set of color bars is on 87?? I found that awhile back and noticed I never saw any video except bars on it. Never put the 2 and 2 together lol.

I've been getting it at a solid and steady 69% (Fortec 90cm/CS 6000) for the last month or so, and I think I have been running about 45% on my 3ABN 90 cm/Visionsat IV200 (both are motorized also).

Both of those readings are well above pixellation threshold, and both required some tweaking to get them to where they are. Alignment is critical on that tp. :)

I am using:

11734 H 4440

RTV east and west have been coming in fantastic for me after a few months of misery with them. I couldn't ask for better. :)

Pro, is that what that set of color bars is on 87?? I found that awhile back and noticed I never saw any video except bars on it. Never put the 2 and 2 together lol.

Yep they moved now to 87 to mess with the channels there. Better there than here. :D

It was blasting in at 54% all afternoon on Sunday, now it's Tuesday and I haven't seen it since. I tweeked the dish around a bit and I have color bars on AMC 9 coming in at 72%, so I am sure I am zeroed in on AMC 9. Guess they only broadcast to West Terre Haute on Sundays.

Any one using a Phoenix on AMC-9 on RTV ? I can't seem to get it locked on the RTV feed. I have all the settings correct, but not finding the video feed when scanning. Had no problem at all doing same process with a viewsat on the same antenna setup. :(

I have even tried to enter the TP and channel manually but can't get any signal. The unit does not have the AMC-9 in it's menu so you have to use one of the "user" slots. So far i can't get a lock on the transponder. Not sure what the problem is. The unit seems pretty cheap compared to a viewsat i have, It works great on RTV. Not to impressed with the phoenix so far.

So far i can't get a lock on the transponder. Not sure what the problem is.

I know what you mean, I can get the NBC color abrs at 74%, but can't get anything for RTV. I've tried everything I can think of. I even tried to tweek the dish and got everthing else out of line and It took me about an hour to get it back right.

I would be satisfied it an channel in the eastern time zone would pick up RTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts