RTV 87W move?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm receiving this Luken MUX with an 8' dish.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 160
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 140
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 159
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 164
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 158
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 141
The Luken muxes are on 87W 3920 H 29125 and 137W 4000 H 29125

The other ones have been turned off. Sounds like whoever sent the update can't get the new mux

I'm the one who sent the update, and I didn't have the PIDs handy so they can't add the new ones until they have those. :)

- Trip

The new transponder on 87w is definitely harder to get and keep locked compared to the old one. Even with my new 10 foot "Perfect 10" dish and ortho feed, it's a bear to keep locked. I'll admit my "new to me" dish isn't peaked perfectly yet, but works perfectly on every other sat, and the former 2 transponders stayed locked just fine before the move. I've found if I lock one of the other transponders on this sat first, then come back to the new one for Luken, then it works and tends to stay locked!

Not sure why, but readers on another forum are reporting the signal on 87W 3920 is stronger this evening. I don't know why this would be, since to my knowledge, nothing has changed.

- Trip

Well it must be stronger since now I am getting it with the Quality bouncing between 40 and 60. Any movement of the dish looses it. Gotta be right on it. Displayed picture and audio show only slight pauses now and then.

I'm having the exact same issues I can switch to another TP or another sat and then back to 87W and it pops in..I've got a few tree limbs that are causing issues keeping it locked in....when its there its between 50-55% on Micro Hd

From what I have heard dish size for once is not the problem. It's the firmware in certin receivers. Since I know nothing about how this stuff works, firmware, software, hardware, underware, tupperware, I guess I am restricted to the RTV feed on AMC9.

Somebody should tell Brian of SatelliteAv. Maybe he can check it and see what's up. I know one difference is that the new transponder is AAC audio.. The old one was NOT. I'm running the MicroHD.

You know I've also noticed that the KU Luken Pbj/Rtv/Tuff transponder on 83W is jumping all over from 50-70 level now also in the last day or so. Everything else there is fine signal wise. That's with the MicroHD, and their PLL lnb with a 39" dish.

What the heck is Luken doing to their signal?

Somebody should tell Brian of SatelliteAv. Maybe he can check it and see what's up. I know one difference is that the new transponder is AAC audio.. The old one was NOT. I'm running the MicroHD.

The MicroHD has no issues. Its azboxes that have issues with it ;)

87W on a 6 footer? PFFFFFFT...nothing

moved dish over to 137W and those leaves are off the tree and got them at 70 quality :)
Its the West and Hawaii feeds but hey better than nothing
TNN is music but no video
(by the way...H at the end of the channel name means Hawaii)

Attachments

• PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    787.2 KB · Views: 144
  • PICT0043.JPG
    PICT0043.JPG
    750 KB · Views: 175
  • PICT0044.JPG
    PICT0044.JPG
    867.4 KB · Views: 163
  • PICT0045.JPG
    PICT0045.JPG
    850.9 KB · Views: 165
I'm having the exact same issues I can switch to another TP or another sat and then back to 87W and it pops in..I've got a few tree limbs that are causing issues keeping it locked in....when its there its between 50-55% on Micro Hd
im having the same issue but with out the tree limbs. yesterday i was topping out at around 44% and today it bounces from around the 54% to almost 70%. strange thing is i didnt make any further adjustments to my dish since yesterday.

87W on a 6 footer? PFFFFFFT...nothing

moved dish over to 137W and those leaves are off the tree and got them at 70 quality :)
Its the West and Hawaii feeds but hey better than nothing
TNN is music but no video
(by the way...H at the end of the channel name means Hawaii)

I'd need a very well targeted tornado to drop, roll about 400 feet, and zoom back up to get that particular sat! lol

I'll try once all the leaves are gone, but I don't think I have any hope of getting it without that tornado...

I'd need a very well targeted tornado to drop, roll about 400 feet, and zoom back up to get that particular sat! lol

I'll try once all the leaves are gone, but I don't think I have any hope of getting it without that tornado...

A well tuned chainsaw can also do wonders... :D

A well tuned chainsaw can also do wonders... :D

You wouldn't believe how many tree's I've already had to drop, just to get an arc from 61W to 123W that's usable! That's why my avatar is holding a chainsaw! lol

I have a 3.5 acre wooded lot, and the only truly clear spot is the front center where the house sits. The tree line all around averages 85'+ tall, so I have my dishes in the farthest North East corner to also help clear the tops and get the arc. There's one large white pine alone, that blocks just past 123W to 131W! I've been told by my wife I am to leave that one alone no matter what. It would take a full crew of people for that one alone. You can't even reach around that tree because it's so large around.

You wouldn't believe how many tree's I've already had to drop, just to get an arc from 61W to 123W that's usable! That's why my avatar is holding a chainsaw! lol

I have a 3.5 acre wooded lot, and the only truly clear spot is the front center where the house sits. The tree line all around averages 85'+ tall, so I have my dishes in the farthest North East corner to also help clear the tops and get the arc. There's one large white pine alone, that blocks just past 123W to 131W! I've been told by my wife I am to leave that one alone no matter what. It would take a full crew of people for that one alone. You can't even reach around that tree because it's so large around.

In that case, you might want to consider building a platform in order to elevate your dish higher. :D

Lots of hard work though. :hand:

You know I've also noticed that the KU Luken Pbj/Rtv/Tuff transponder on 83W is jumping all over from 50-70 level now also in the last day or so. Everything else there is fine signal wise. That's with the MicroHD, and their PLL lnb with a 39" dish.

What the heck is Luken doing to their signal?

I also noticed that their 83W transponder is a lot weaker now and is now one of my weakest Ku band transponders. I can barely receive it using a 36" dish here in Canada. Something must be wrong at their uplink center.

Regards,

PwrSurge

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)