Rumor: 14 New HD Channels in March!

Indy said:
I asked a Voom CSR today what the status is on the new channel additions for March. She stated Voom was adding 70 new HD channels in March and 150 more by June. So I asked if these were going up on Rainbow 1 or AMC 6. She stated neither, Voom is launching a new satellite on March 1st. Now I have heard just about everything and all bases are covered. Just another Voomer Rumor to kick around. :rolleyes:

I guess this proves that Voom CSRs do not know anything. How could a satellite lauched in March be in full service in June? I will be much more careful about what CSRs tell me next time.

dash2004 said:
How could a satellite lauched in March be in full service in June?
That is not hard. What is hard is getting one built and scheduled to launch in the next week. RainbowDBS has several satellites on order, but NONE are scheduled for delivery nor launch that soon.

Of course "launch" can mean "launching SERVICES on an existing satellite". AMC-6 is known as Rainbow2 and it is apparently waiting for programming.

So, anyone with contacts at Voom or Installs, Inc. that can confirm new V* dishes being stockpiled? :D

JL

Dvlos said:
A CSR told me that I am good looking, sexy, and hot. :(

I thought we should not believe CSRs because they always give out the wrong info. :D

We should make a general rule in this forum. Never, ever, ever, ever listen to a CSR. They simply do not know anything about future programming. They are the last to know. They are not told anything.

justalurker said:
That is not hard. What is hard is getting one built and scheduled to launch in the next week. RainbowDBS has several satellites on order, but NONE are scheduled for delivery nor launch that soon.

Of course "launch" can mean "launching SERVICES on an existing satellite". AMC-6 is known as Rainbow2 and it is apparently waiting for programming.

So, anyone with contacts at Voom or Installs, Inc. that can confirm new V* dishes being stockpiled? :D

JL

I can't confirm anything like that, but FWIW, when they upgraded me to a larger dish three weeks ago, it had the Voom logo on it.

-k

klen said:
I can't confirm anything like that, but FWIW, when they upgraded me to a larger dish three weeks ago, it had the Voom logo on it.
I'm referring to a dish that would have a FSS LNB on it and would be pointed at 72 instead of 61.5 . Some V* subscriber need a bigger dish to get the DBS signal from 61.5 and that's what you got. IF V* moves to 72 you will probably need an even bigger dish. (AMC-6/"Rainbow 2" at 72 is lower powered than "Rainbow 1" at 61.5.)

JL

We ARE the last to know!!

Never trust a CSR, they are the last to know anything. Truer words were never spoken. It sounds like some of you talked to some moron fresh out of training. I'm a CSR and from day one it has been 31 HD channels and up to 200 SD channels added sometime in March. Rainbow 2 was never going to be launched from the ground, it is already up there. The space was going to be leased from an existing satellite, which from what I was told, is located somewhere over Hawii, this would have taken care of the western part of the U.S. plus added Hawii and Alaska to the client base. We do not have a line-up of the channels that are being added because some of those channels are still be negotiated. A short list of channels was printed and made public, CMT, DIY, WGN were among those. For those of you that are mad that you did not get in on the 2 months of free Vavavoom, give it a break. Did you take you HDTV back to the retailer and demand a trade-in just because they came out with a newer model the week after you bought yours? Try this, the next time you have a problem with your service, call in and threaten to cancel your service, if the csr knows their job, they will offer to trouble shoot and if that does not fix the problem then they are to set a trouble call and offer you two months of Vavavoo for the price of the basic Voom package for giving the chance to fix your issues. Give the Csr's a break, they have to deal with several thousand spoiled brats a day. Yeah, I'm wound to tight, goes with the job, but unlike some of you, I don't take it out on the customer.

spahoose said:
The space was going to be leased from an existing satellite, which from what I was told, is located somewhere over Hawii,
Rainbow 2 is AMC-6 at 72. Close to the current location and not over Hawaii. (I'll ignore the point that all geosync satellites are over the equator and none are "over" the US. But the longitude places Rainbow 2 closer to Maine.)
spahoose said:
this would have taken care of the western part of the U.S. plus added Hawii and Alaska to the client base.
Rainbow DBS purchased at auction the rights to DBS licenses at 166 and 175 - which are closer to "Hawaii" and would serve the west coast. They also were working with ka licenses, IIRC.
spahoose said:
Yeah, I'm wound to tight, goes with the job, but unlike some of you, I don't take it out on the customer.
No, just innocent website readers. :D

Hope you can unwind at some point. It's only TV.

JL

spahoose

i agree with you spahoose. no sat nor cable companies csr knows anything. we should all be lucky that vooms csr speak english as a first language. we should also thank them for keeping these needed jobs in the us.

but on a more serious note what channels are we really getting. i want nba league pass in hd or all the rsn in hd without blackouts. i know you can hook us up.

I spoke with CSR yesterday and she told me the channels

dash2004 said:
I just talked to a CSR regarding whether I can get on with the 2 free months of premium channels promotion. The answer is no. The deal is for new customers only.

However, when I inquried about the upcoming channel expansion, she told me that there will be 14 more HD channels, but she does not know what are those channels yet. She also said she should get the list pretty soon. This is the first time I have heard a definite HD channel number.

Good news? :cool:
A bunch of new Discovery HD channels, CNN international, and Fox, Science channel, and a few others, all in HD. Sorry I didn't have time to write down the complete list, but it sounded like about 14

jeslevine said:
A bunch of new Discovery HD channels, CNN international, and Fox, Science channel, and a few others, all in HD. Sorry I didn't have time to write down the complete list, but it sounded like about 14

I will be thrilled to have additonal 14 HD channels. But none of the above providers is broadcasting in HD. Will these channels be upconverted as HD?

IMHO FWIW: 2 or 3 new HD channels max in the month of March.

14 new HD channels all in one month is totally unrealistic unless Voom is gearing up for another 10 or so Exclusives. Unlikely.

This will be a good year for Voomers though! ;) Bring on the DVR! :p

call voom and ask them

dash2004 said:
I will be thrilled to have additonal 14 HD channels. But none of the above providers is broadcasting in HD. Will these channels be upconverted as HD?
The way the CSR was talking to me was they have a list, and were more than willing to give it out

TTT

Anybody heard anything new on this topic tomorrow could be a big day, let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts