Rumors from Team Summit

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dish is showing a MPEG4 Receiver with a Live MPEG4 feed off of 148!
Sandbagging on the Charlie Chats? Any word on content (Dish promo loop or a real channel to be named).
Scott Greczkowski said:
411 which is a MPEG4 Receiver which replaces the 311 but also does HD.
Cool.
Scott Greczkowski said:
They are also showing the Dish 1000 which points at 110, 119, 129
We will have photos tonight or in the morning. :)
Nice to see a good name for the new dish.

JL

Here are some of the very first photos of the Dish 1000

Thank you to whoever sent them to me. ;)

Attachments

• dish1000_1.jpg
    dish1000_1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,299
  • dish1000_2.jpg
    dish1000_2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 416
With the introduction of MPEG 4, Voom 10, and the new DISH 1000 can we expect to get the full HD resolutions of these channels or will they remain HD Light channels? Also if you want the Voom 10, you'll need a Dish at 61.5 so that mean I'll need the new DISH 1000 plus a Dish at 61.5?

Scott Greczkowski said:
This Just In....

411 which is a MPEG4 Receiver which replaces the 311 but also does HD.

Is 311 a typo? Should it be 811, why would they replace an SD box with an HD one? Are they not going to sell any single tuner SD boxes anymore?

The 411 will replace the 811, not the 311. It's the MPEG4 non-DVR HD receiver. I'd tell you which division has been responsible for it, but I won't...

What's cool about the Dish1000's (now that you guys have actually seen a picture, I can actually say something about it) is that it's noticibly shorter in height than a Dish500 dish, and just a little bit wider (maybe an inch or 2).

Looking forward to hearing more about Voom10 and which channels have been kept or modified etc...

Very cool news about the Mpeg4 stuff too.

markdl said:
I'd tell you which division has been responsible for it, but I won't...

What's cool about the Dish1000's (now that you guys have actually seen a picture, I can actually say something about it)

Geez Mark you're whipped by dish so much it's not even funny :(

Mark, I know you got your nose in the ass crack of the DIsh Engineers, but Dish is advertising the 411 as a replacement for the 311 and the 811.

Take a look at the photos which I am posting now in a seperate thread.

Kinda interesting that they have a satellite dish for 129, but there isn't a DBS satellite there...

So I guess those of us that have 811 will go to the new 411 for MPEG4? Also going to the 411 does that mean that we will half to go from a Dish 500 to a 1000 to get all the new 10 HD Channels? So how is all this going to work folks with Dish 500 go to go to the 100o? Also any pics of the 411? Thanks For the Info Scott. :)

Voom Channels will stay where they are at 61.5

The dish 1000 for use at 129 I guess will be for HD, but will be a while out since there isn't even a satellite there yet.

Well in the long run when they get everyone on MPEG4 receivers they should be able to put more channels on less satellites. Which would mean that you should still only need one Dish to pick up all your HD and SD channels. So really it sounds like their is no plus on getting a Dish 1000 unless you need to get 129? So have they set a price on the 411 or how they are going to exchange those out or what??

Danielle,

While the picture makes it look big, it is no where near the size of the supersidh, in fact it is only a 24" Dish. :)

It only looks at 3 satellites

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts