RV Camping

Victor R Battani III

Original poster
Aug 6, 2019
Detroit
Guys,

Four years ago, I set up the SWM Directv dish to point by receiver at campground, then we moved out. we will return back to campground next spring. so Can you give me the benefit or better option to find the point? Please. I currently have H25 and AU9. What device should I have for signal meter ? I don't want to buy more money for SWM signal finder like 200 to 800 bucks. Sorry for my english is poor. Can you help me to guide one best? Thanks

Victor

There is no cheap signal meter for the HD satellites at 99/103. Use the smartphone apps like dishpointer.com to get the dish pointed in the right direction, then use the meter in the receiver. There are videos on youtube to help you.

Reactions: Jimbo and harshness
I am thinking about Off duty directv worker come my campground to find the spot... My primary address is full time home, so Directv won't send out to campground as second place as not primary address. I am looking for person has meter to visit my camground next year.. Ummmmm

Well, if it was farther south, I was gonna say I could probably come up and help you, but it's looking like about 2 hrs from here ...
Thank you.. Do you have any network friend or else lives near Flint, MI? I have no plan to set up dish until next spring 2020. Anyway, Should I get H24 instead of H25? I read H24 that could help me to find the point by meter It is Digital Satellite Signal Level Meter for Directv FTA. Will this works?

Thank you.. Do you have any network friend or else lives near Flint, MI? I have no plan to set up dish until next spring 2020. Anyway, Should I get H24 instead of H25? I read H24 that could help me to find the point by meter It is Digital Satellite Signal Level Meter for Directv FTA. Will this works?
Personally, I would just use the meter in the recvr. unless your pointing dishes on a regular basis.

As for recvr, I prefer the HR24 (with DVR).
H24 will work fine with regular set up or SWM set up ... I think the H25 is SWM only.

Personally, I would just use the meter in the recvr. unless your pointing dishes on a regular basis.

As for recvr, I prefer the HR24 (with DVR).
H24 will work fine with regular set up or SWM set up ... I think the H25 is SWM only.
Yes, H25 is swm only, like the Genies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts