RV traveling and getting major networks on Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Richard Corrow

Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Apache Junction AZ
After one and one half hours on the phone with Dish network the they tell me I cannot get the east and west coast feeds while I am traveling in my RV. I presently have Direct TV and after I leave my home base area in Phoenix and lose the spot beam I can watch ABC NBC CBS and FOX, both east and west coast feeds, for paying $11.99 a month. Dish tells me (in ebonichs) that I can not get that service and can only get the local network wherever I am. Is that right. So If I am near Seattle I get that feed? What if I'm out in the desert in northern Nevada a million miles from anywhere, can I get the networks?
Please help if you folks can. Thanks. Richard

Some of the customer service don't seem to be aware of All American tv channels options for RV and others. You will get NY and SF networks on your dish equipment- you just pay that part of the bill to all american direct.

After one and one half hours on the phone with Dish network the they tell me I cannot get the east and west coast feeds while I am traveling in my RV. I presently have Direct TV and after I leave my home base area in Phoenix and lose the spot beam I can watch ABC NBC CBS and FOX, both east and west coast feeds, for paying $11.99 a month. Dish tells me (in ebonichs) that I can not get that service and can only get the local network wherever I am. Is that right. So If I am near Seattle I get that feed? What if I'm out in the desert in northern Nevada a million miles from anywhere, can I get the networks?
Please help if you folks can. Thanks. Richard

The problem is as is highlighted above. National feeds have cost Dish a good deal of money in the past and they're just not going to be guilty of that again. So, here's the issue. Per Dish Rules, you can not change your physical address (market area) from where the primary receiver is located. That is to say, if you have all leased receivers, you must continue to be at the physical address unless you move and make it official. The problem is really packing and it is a huge issue for a company as vulnerable such as Dish.

You can call All-American Direct and as stated before get SF or NY (Used to be ATL) national feeds. It's the only way around this issue for DishNet and anyone who tells you differently has worked the system long and hard to find one person who'll break the rules and inevitably cause havoc on your account at Dish for months to come.

Some of the customer service don't seem to be aware of All American tv channels options for RV and others. You will get NY and SF networks on your dish equipment- you just pay that part of the bill to all american direct.

It's not considered a Customer Service issue. Thus, customer service isn't necessarily that familiar with AAD. If you meant Tech and are just using the blanket "CS" term then fine.