S234 12-13-12

I've got an ehd attached to each of my Hoppers. Only the one with a WD is being dropped. The Seagate has had no problems. I wonder if it's related to the brand of ehd?

Funny thing is I see more people with issues with Seagate than WD. Specifically Seagate's "sleep mode."

I don't buy very many Seagate drives compared to WD but I have a ton of WD drives on the Hoppers/722k and I've only had them drop once on the 722k a long time ago and once on the Hopper recently. No problems since then...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I'm still upset at the slowness the S234 has brought to my Hopper. It's still a problem. I had my VIP722k for 2 years and, accept for the HDD going bad last year, I never had a complaint about it. While I've had my Hopper since March and at times it's very frustrating to use. More so since the S234 download.

Ghpr13:(

Just curious, is this S234 a bastard red-headed-step child update, not worthy of Sticky Status? I'd agree if this is what's responsible for my Broadband going MIA. :)

I just found something that I don't think has been mentioned. Previously if you were on a station and were watching something live, if you were to hit record it would start recording from the point when you hit the button.

I was watching a movie on a hbo station and hit record then went to do some chores. Well upon return I hit start over in the DVR menu for the recording and it had recorded it from the beginning! I hope this wasn't a fluke because I've missed that feature ever since I got the 922 and now the Hopper!!

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

On older DVRs, it would ask you what to do and give a few options. I don't remember them exactly, but it was like "record the rest from this point", "record from the beginning" (but only if you were tuned to it from the start - and it knew if you were or not and that option would be grayed out depending), and "extend end time". Something like those....

On the Hopper, you're saying it just defaults to "from the beginning" and doesn't prompt you ?

Back to the older DVRs behavior, people said you would have to rewind to the beginning and then hit Record. That NEVER worked for me. It would record from the current point whether I rewound or not.

I was going to ask about the record from beginning if you had been on the channel at the start. I haven't really looked to see if the Hopper will look back and start from the beginning.

OK. If the make of the ehd is not a factor, how about being on a hub vs directly connected via usb? The Hopper that has not lost the ehd is directly connected to the usb port on the Hopper. The onw that drops is connected through a usb hub.

OK. If the make of the ehd is not a factor, how about being on a hub vs directly connected via usb? The Hopper that has not lost the ehd is directly connected to the usb port on the Hopper. The onw that drops is connected through a usb hub.

My Seagate 1TB is directly connected to the Hopper and it disappears about every other day. It is much better on the Hopper than it used to be on my 622. On the 622 it would drop off as soon as the drive went to sleep and I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it back. At least the Hopper seems to know how to wake it up some of the time.

My EHD is directly connected to the usb port. I never had it drop off on the 622.

Has anyone encountered the "INFO" button not doing anything during DVR playback but works fine on live TV ? It was doing that to me last night.... My wife rebooted the Hopper this morning (said it was acting up) and it also fixed the "INFO" issue.

Hall said:
Has anyone encountered the "INFO" button not doing anything during DVR playback but works fine on live TV ? It was doing that to me last night.... My wife rebooted the Hopper this morning (said it was acting up) and it also fixed the "INFO" issue.

Yes I have seen that as as well

DLNA FFWD

The FFWD on this update does not work well. I've tried FFWD many times, only to have the video freeze, and I had to reboot. I don't understand why the DLNA has problems on the Hopper. My LG tv's DLNA works flawlessly. I can FFWD, and when I stop a movie it will ask me if I want to resume where I left off when I restart it later. I guess I'll have to buy another LG for the room where the Dish DLNA sucks.

I had some problems with my Hopper yesterday. I was recording "The Good Wife" and watching it while it was recording. I FF to pass the commercials because I started watching it after it had began recording, so I wasn't up to "live" TV yet. When it reached the "live" point, it went blank, and then froze like that. I checked the tuners listing and it showed "Biggest Losers" being recorded and "The Good Wife" not recording...I move my cursor to "The Good Wife" and pressed select, I was taken to "the Biggest Loser"! Yet, when I hit the info button, the top of the screen showed it as "The Good Wife", and showed it was recording that! As I pushed different buttons on the remote, the screen froze up again. I didn't want to do a reset right then, cause I didn't want to loose any of "The Good Wife". I finally got it to unfreeze and back to "the Good Wife". But the same thing happened again when I tried to FF through the commercials. It had also happened earlier to my wife, (of course I thought she didn't know what she was talking about, but now I understand what had happen to her.)
Anybody have any similar freeze ups? This new software seems to be very buggy!
Ghpr13:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)