S234 12-13-12

I don't think they changed the size, but they offset the first row down a bit so that the bottom row gets cutoff in the middle so it is obvious there are more apps. Previously you could see two full rows of apps and it wasn't too obvious you could scroll for more.

Before I didn't have to scroll down to get the bottom row, now I do, no big deal.... but this came with the last SW update.....among other things.

Since the S234 download, I seem to be having a few problems with my remote. Channels will change all of the sudden, and the biggest problem is when advancing weekly through the guide, all of a sudden the cursor just keeps going and won't stop. This is the only time it happens, so I don't think it a stuck button on the remote...
Ghpr13:(

Since the S234 download, I seem to be having a few problems with my remote. Channels will change all of the sudden, and the biggest problem is when advancing weekly through the guide, all of a sudden the cursor just keeps going and won't stop. This is the only time it happens, so I don't think it a stuck button on the remote...

Try De linking the remote and re linking. Also, maybe something internally is malfunctioning in the remote.

I have this happen on occasion as well, both on my hopper and the joeys.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Well, I glad I'm not the only one, but it be nice if when Dish sends out a new update that it didn't bring a bunch of new bugs with it.
Ghpr13:)

Am I the only one who is constantly missing logos in the epg? A reset brings them back, but next day they are gone again. It's not all, but maybe a quarter of them usually around the 200s. Never had an issue like this before.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Not here. I'm still waiting for the day I don't lose my EHD from the DVR menu.

Does everyone's Joeys properly show which Hopper they are connected to? I can be connected to H1, then switch to H2. But the Joey continues to show that it's connected to H1, and I'm working through H2.

Whenever you turn to a big 4 network it pulls in all 4 on one tuner, it isn't recording. The big benefit is that if someone at the Hopper wants to watch ABC and someone at the Joey wants to watch NBC, it only takes up one tuner. Once you change channels to a non big 4 network, that tuner will go back to normal on the TV Viewing Status screen. It's pretty neat and a good way to save tuners when viewing a big 4.

I don't know if I discovered a problem or limitation with this feature. I've been able to record three different channels at the same time on my hopper outside of the big 4 networks without issue. The problem I saw yesterday was this. The hopper was recording a show (non big-4), and viewing on another. When I accessed the third tuner with the joey, I was on one of the big-4 networks. When I tried to changed the channel off one of the big-4 networks, it said I needed to pick another tuner. Why? I should have been able to change the tuner that was had the big-4 to something else. Did this big-4 dedication to one tuner become permanent? If so, why can I get three non big-4 channels to record at the same time?

I don't know if I discovered a problem or limitation with this feature. I've been able to record three different channels at the same time on my hopper outside of the big 4 networks without issue. The problem I saw yesterday was this. The hopper was recording a show (non big-4), and viewing on another. When I accessed the third tuner with the joey, I was on one of the big-4 networks. When I tried to changed the channel off one of the big-4 networks, it said I needed to pick another tuner. Why? I should have been able to change the tuner that was had the big-4 to something else. Did this big-4 dedication to one tuner become permanent? If so, why can I get three non big-4 channels to record at the same time?

Do you have a second Joey? If so, maybe that Joey was powered on and viewing the a big 4 network, therefore tying up the third tuner.

I have been having this issue with the TV Land and Encore Western channels. I just got off the phone with a senior technician supervisor, and going through the old rigmarole of asking if I have unplugged and plugged in the receiver. I was then told to turn off my TV and unplug the HD!I cable from both the TV and the receiver, plug them back in, and turn the TV back on. It worked! She then told me the issue was due to a build up of static electricity in the cable itself and could need replacing. Don't know if this has already been suggested in previous posts or other threads, as I am a new user as of today. Hope this helps another Hopper user as it has helped me, happy viewing all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts