Openbox s9/s10 mass channel delete

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
I'm so used to my microHD, that I have forgotten how to work the Openbox! I have an Openbox s10, but it is running s9 software.

When I go in to edit the channel list, I have the option of deleting each channel at a time. However, I cannot figure out how to delete all the channels on the list (in actuality, I prefer to mark them all for deletion but maybe leave ten or so out of the supposed 350 it found after multiple scans over several months). This will be especially useful when say, scanning 91W, I want to delete everything except the ABC News One feed channels.

Can someone refresh my memory?

It's at my brothers house so I can't try it out tonight. Does it have a function to delete all of the transponders and then I can go back and deselect the ABC News One transponder, or will I have to delete each unwanted transponder at a time?

Now that, I can not remember off hand. I have 3 s10's and one is running s9 firmware, but they are stacked up around here somewhere. :confused:

Select the NBC channel you want to 'keep' note the freq pol SR.
Go to transponder list, note it's placement, say it # 6 in the list. Delete all transponders below it in the list.
Then when it's #1 in the list of transponders, delete those above it, Leaving only transponder #1 with the NBC channel.
Rescan the satellite.
You can only delete one transponder at a time, and after that you must remember to SAVE. So don't hit buttons too fast, read, and answer correctly, the on screen prompts.
I cannot figure out how to delete all the channels on the list
In the channel edit list, OPTION (Green button) Select All - OK- And if you want to undelete a channel, scroll to it and hit OK. Then Right arrow to highlight the Trash Can and hit OK to delete the selected channels. (this does not remove inactive transponders)

Thanks FaT, I knew somebody would come along that had one they were currently using and could give a better answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)