Sad News...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember him all the way back from DBSForums....

Me, too. JohnH was still well up in the lifetime cumulative post count at DBSForums when it finally went "down for the count". He contributed regularly and reliably on all matters DBS, and his contributions were always appreciated.

John, I always appreciated your calm and matter of fact posts, sometimes in the face of controversial or heated topics. You'd pipe in with a reply that got to the heart of the issue, and set us all straight in such a classy way. Very slick that the uplink is experiencing issues. Great way, John, for you to remind us that you were here, and that you mattered. I hope you're enjoying what's next.

Hi All...

It's me, Darkman ...

Haven't dropped by here for a long long time (and haven't played with dishes for a long long time now also.. actually i sold my house some time ago.. and currently have NO dishes) :)

Today i decided to drop by to DBSTalk (didn't visit them for a long long time also) .. and saw the sad news about JohnH there.. with a link to this thread HERE...

That basically brought me HERE today...

Very sad to hear this terrible news about JohnH .. - ya he was the pioneer! ... He was the MAN (still IS actually!)

RIP John ...

--------

Take care, ALL

Man hate to hear this! My prayers go out to his family and like they say life is too short. :(

Hello, I was a coworker of John's from 1997 to 2000. Since then I've spoken with him from time to time online. I'm certaily sad to hear of his passing and the loss to his community here. Forgive me for having noticed this so late. Having known him personally, I can tell you he was indeed a genious. Everyone that knew him well in person knew it too. He was also a Man of God (Christian). I didn't know that he programmed for this community, though it doesn't surprise me. He programmed for the employer we worked for togeather. He inspired me to get into programming and today im a FOSS programmer able to write in 7 languages. John touched the lives of many people online and in person. I can only hope that when I pass that someone thinks as highly of me as i do of John. Until we meet again, Thank You and God Bless You JohnH.

Hello, I was a coworker of John's from 1997 to 2000. Since then I've spoken with him from time to time online. I'm certaily sad to hear of his passing and the loss to his community here. Forgive me for having noticed this so late. Having known him personally, I can tell you he was indeed a genious. Everyone that knew him well in person knew it too. He was also a Man of God (Christian). I didn't know that he programmed for this community, though it doesn't surprise me. He programmed for the employer we worked for togeather. He inspired me to get into programming and today im a FOSS programmer able to write in 7 languages. John touched the lives of many people online and in person. I can only hope that when I pass that someone thinks as highly of me as i do of John. Until we meet again, Thank You and God Bless You JohnH.

Thanks for sharing this.

A thread from years ago...

But so nice to hear someone that knew him.

I know I spoke to John over the years via email and PM. Always willing to help and very nice. Definitely a very smart individual that taught me quite a bit.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Thanks so much for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)