satellite T14R

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cazelly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has been able to get channels from bird T14R at 45 degrees W from North america . I am in Canada. Please some help. Thank you

Hello,

Sorry my mistake. The satellite is INTELSAT 14 @ 45 degrees W, I have a 10' BUD, and I am located in Toronto, I can not get none channels. Please some help or suggestions would be very much apreciatte. Thank you.....Do I need a new equipment or bigger dish\?

Hi cazelly. I have never received any C-band channels from IS-14 here in London Ontario with my 10 footer. I suspect we are outside the footprint of this satellite.

I have picked up some signals from 45W as well here in MB, but very weak. I kind of thought they might be circular polarized (even though posted as linear on Lyngsat) but I have no circular feedhorn to try with so I could be wrong... Should be better from TO as long as you have line-of-sight to the satellite.

What channels are you looking for and could you give some details on your satellite system?
C.

I am now into trees at my location, pointing at 45 West from southern Wisconsin, but previously was able to get acceptable signals up to 2 years ago, on 45 C-band, using either an 8 foot Paraclipse Hydro or a well-tuned 10-foot mesh antenna.
Customers in the Milwaukee area have no problem with a 10-footer on 45 West, so I would suspect that it could be the tuning on your system. Perhaps you are not tracking the arc completely, or your skew setting is off.

I can see IS-14 here in Halifax with my 10.5 on my spectrum analyzer but nothing strong enough that I could get a lock last time the dish was over that way. And looking the C-Band foot print I'd think I was a long way away from decent signal, but I was about 3db or so away from locking something.

Attachments

• IS-14@315-AMCH.jpg
    IS-14@315-AMCH.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 144
I'm not seeing anything from this sat.
I wonder if they shifted the programs to other sats?
Last time I scanned 45w I found 9 channels, 2 ITC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.