satellite T14R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cazelly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has been able to get channels from bird T14R at 45 degrees W from North america . I am in Canada. Please some help. Thank you

Hello,

Sorry my mistake. The satellite is INTELSAT 14 @ 45 degrees W, I have a 10' BUD, and I am located in Toronto, I can not get none channels. Please some help or suggestions would be very much apreciatte. Thank you.....Do I need a new equipment or bigger dish\?

Hi cazelly. I have never received any C-band channels from IS-14 here in London Ontario with my 10 footer. I suspect we are outside the footprint of this satellite.

I have picked up some signals from 45W as well here in MB, but very weak. I kind of thought they might be circular polarized (even though posted as linear on Lyngsat) but I have no circular feedhorn to try with so I could be wrong... Should be better from TO as long as you have line-of-sight to the satellite.

What channels are you looking for and could you give some details on your satellite system?
C.

I am now into trees at my location, pointing at 45 West from southern Wisconsin, but previously was able to get acceptable signals up to 2 years ago, on 45 C-band, using either an 8 foot Paraclipse Hydro or a well-tuned 10-foot mesh antenna.
Customers in the Milwaukee area have no problem with a 10-footer on 45 West, so I would suspect that it could be the tuning on your system. Perhaps you are not tracking the arc completely, or your skew setting is off.

I can see IS-14 here in Halifax with my 10.5 on my spectrum analyzer but nothing strong enough that I could get a lock last time the dish was over that way. And looking the C-Band foot print I'd think I was a long way away from decent signal, but I was about 3db or so away from locking something.

Attachments

• IS-14@315-AMCH.jpg
    IS-14@315-AMCH.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 143
I'm not seeing anything from this sat.
I wonder if they shifted the programs to other sats?
Last time I scanned 45w I found 9 channels, 2 ITC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts