Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is a copy of our SatelliteGuys Newsletter for September. We hope to do this quarterly. This first edition was basically to say hi to some folks we have not seen in awhile. :)

We are now 25,000 members strong and have added a lot of things over the past 2 years that some folks may not have been aware of.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• satguys_newsletter_sept05.pdf
    75.2 KB · Views: 372
Got mine in email yesterday. I think it is a super idea! Sometimes I miss things due to oversight or being hurried or AFK(away from keyboard). A monthly highlights update is just the ticket and I really enjoyed both of the members submitted 'Tip of the month'!

I've seen astounding growth from when I first visited here when SGUS was just a mere 2 months old.

It didn't take long to see this was 'THE' one-stop source for all of my satellite information needs!

Rock on SatelliteGuys.US!

Newsletter was great. FYI - if you want someone to copy edit the next issue for grammatical/spelling stuff, let me know. I'm pretty good at doing that (I do it for some corporate stuff here at work) and don't mind helping at all.

If you didn't get the newsletter, it's very likely that a spam filter somewhere between Scott's server and your Inbox caught the email and "took care of it" for you. See the explanation below from jayn_j :

I hadn't received the newsletter either, so I went through the spam filters. I found it in the one my ISP uses, and it had been captured in the bin reserved for the worst offenders.

Mail Armory sorts mail into 10 bins, and I have it set up to pass on anything below a 7. I find that this lets 99% of the good stuff through. Mail Armory then holds stuff ranked 7-9 for a week. Stuff labelled 10 and above is only held for a day or so, and ends up in a special bin. That's where I found it.

Given that, I expect the newsletter got trashed for a lot of users.

This was posted in the Pub Members forum here. Yet another reason to become a supporter of the site and gain access to cool info like the above, eh? ;)

vand
Staff has access to pub area and I have donated

whats funny is it is my Satelliteguys e-mail address :D

Oh I know that staff has access... I was mainly posting that for everyone since this is a public area & the pub isn't. Also, another plug couldn't help, eh? :D

LOL, I just noticed that I said "eh" in two straight posts. People probably think I'm a Canuck now. ;)

Iceberg said:
vand
Staff has access to pub area and I have donated

whats funny is it is my Satelliteguys e-mail address :D

Ice I just checked the logs, you didn't get it because I forgot to send it to Supermods. Sorry about that. :)

It was a lot of work getting that baby out. And I am very happy with the response to it so far. :D

For those worrying, NO WE ARE NOT GOING TO START SPAMING YOU. We plan on doing the news letter quarterly with the next one being in December.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ice I just checked the logs, you didn't get it because I forgot to send it to Supermods. Sorry about that. :)

:(

Oh well...I got to read it thoguh

Good newsletter :)

I never win anything (sigh), but thought you might want to clarify if prizes will still be awarded in October since there won't be a chat until November.

Yes they will, the results will be posted on the site on the 10th (I little less dramatic but it will have to do) :D

Thanks for confirming that, Scott. When someone sees their name, I think that will be enough drama for them!@party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)