Status
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just wanted to thank everyone for the amazing success of our new SatelliteGuys Superstore powered by Amazon.

In our first 24 hours we have raised $36.18!

Remember the SatelliteGuys Superstore is powered by Amazon.COM so all of the deals and specials that are available from Amazon are available to you from the SatelliteGuys Superstore! So when you shop via our store not only do you get all of Amazon.COM's amazing deals but you also help to support SatelliteGuys!

CLICK HERE FOR THE SATELLITEGUYS SUPERSTORE!

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I don't think we will stay that high but it would be great. :)

I must admit I ordered a few things myself which added to that total. Got a new Slingbox and a few HD DVD's. :D

rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
How about making up a listing of satellite/hdtv/home theatre books? That would be a nice addition to it.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The store does not let you customize it that much yet, but they are working on it. I know a lot of people shop Amazon who are SatelliteGuys members, now they can shop Amazon and support SatelliteGuys at the same time. :)

Only problem with it I see is it takes 3 months to get paid, as you are paid per quarter.

Hall

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
rockymtnhigh said:
How about making up a listing of satellite/hdtv/home theatre books? That would be a nice addition to it.
Go to the regular Amazon site and search for the books you want. Now go to the Satguy-Amazon site and *search*. You will find them and they will appear under the Satguy pages. I cannot say for sure that this site will get credit but it sure looks like they should....

rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Scott Greczkowski said:
The store does not let you customize it that much yet, but they are working on it. I know a lot of people shop Amazon who are SatelliteGuys members, now they can shop Amazon and support SatelliteGuys at the same time. :)

Only problem with it I see is it takes 3 months to get paid, as you are paid per quarter.

I will portal my amazon shopping through SatGuys Store from now on. I am always buying stuff from them.

Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Cool! I found a GB card for my camera and some other deals on phone accessories. This works on so many levels: I get to buy neat stuff and support SatelliteGuys.US at the same time!

rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Foxbat said:
Cool! I found a GB card for my camera and some other deals on phone accessories. This works on so many levels: I get to buy neat stuff and support SatelliteGuys.US at the same time!

Yeah, and you can buy pretty much anything from Amazon; including groceries.

Foxbat: I love the ST:TOS avatar. Where did you find it? I have looked for a ST:TNG Enterprise avatar, but haven't found anything that looks as good as that one.

riffjim4069

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
My wife and I buy a buttload of books from Amazon...just made an $87, $97, and $140 book purchase in the days prior the SatelliteGuys Store going online. I'll used the "Go to Amazon" link for all future purchases...just as long as SatelliteGuys gets a few pennies.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just checked, since opening the SatelliteGuys SuperStore we have raised $66.90!

Someone even ordered a new computer yesterday which netted us $25! Thank you!

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We are now up to $75.50 in earning off the store!

Thank you everyone and keep on shopping!

BTW if you know a product which should be featured on our stores homepage please let me know and I will get it there! :)

jayn_j

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
Hi Scott,

Why no link from the main page or forum pages to the store? As it stands you need to know it is there and go looking for it.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
There will be one on the new look. :)

rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Scott Greczkowski said:
We are now up to $75.50 in earning off the store!

Thank you everyone and keep on shopping!

BTW if you know a product which should be featured on our stores homepage please let me know and I will get it there! :)

Awesome Scott! At this rate, you'll be generating a couple hundred a month. Those quarterly checks should be nice. :)

Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
One caveat: Since this superstore links together many different stores, any savings you think you're getting get sucked up in shipping!:( Two of the items I ordered were cheaper than the shipping on each of those items.

Hall

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
If you buy direct from Amazon or their "affiliate" stores, i.e. Toys R Us, the shipping price is normally very reasonable. Plus, if you spend over a certain amount, typically $25, regular ground shipping is free (but slow).

If you buy from those private sellers under Amazon's banner, yes, I've seen rather high shipping costs from some.

Status