SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 10/27/2007

Wow I can get my local FSN-Wisconsin in HD for Brewers and Bucks now on the ALT HD channels with 61.5??? I HOPE????????????????? I can't get 129 and this would be so awsome!!!!! Probably isn't gonna happen I bet.

mapdowns?

Kramer is quick! Guess he's not burnt out after all of those years on TV after all. ;)

I haven't fully implemented the mapdown displays in the uplink report yet. I wanted to get a few comments on the folks here on the look. I didn't want to make things too confusing with the display of them.

So, what's with all the free previews of the premium channels lately? We go a long, long time without them, then we get HBO, Show time, Cinemax, Starz/Encore, then Showtime again! Not that I'm complaining -- it's just weird. Are these just being previewed on Dish, or are they for all providers? If it's Dish only, maybe they're offering up these freebies to try to keep people from jumping ship...

So, what's with all the free previews of the premium channels lately? We go a long, long time without them, then we get HBO, Show time, Cinemax, Starz/Encore, then Showtime again! Not that I'm complaining -- it's just weird. Are these just being previewed on Dish, or are they for all providers? If it's Dish only, maybe they're offering up these freebies to try to keep people from jumping ship...

I've liked having all these free previews, but now I have about 15 movies on my DVR that I need to watch. I have been busy lately and have only had time to watch about 2 in the last month. Another preview this weekend means that 15 will go up to 20 or so.

I came up with a theory about this the other day. It's a half-joking theory, but still a theory none the less...

Recently they gave us the option of paying a small upfront fee to enable external hard drive archiving. Then a month or two later they unleash all of these premium movie channel free previews.

A little extra profit, from people that suddenly find their DVR internal hard drives are full and would like to record even more, is appealing to E*. And a little extra profit from newly hooked subscribers to some premium movie channels is also appealing to them. ;)

But, I do say I am not complaining whatsoever about these free previews either. Thanks, Dish. :) And especially thanks for including the HD channels in the previews. :D

Kramer is quick! Guess he's not burnt out after all of those years on TV after all. ;)

I haven't fully implemented the mapdown displays in the uplink report yet. I wanted to get a few comments on the folks here on the look. I didn't want to make things too confusing with the display of them.

I like the format you used for the maodowns. The info is there but not over powering making it easy to read.

Recently they gave us the option of paying a small upfront fee to enable external hard drive archiving. Then a month or two later they unleash all of these premium movie channel free previews.

A little extra profit, from people that suddenly find their DVR internal hard drives are full and would like to record even more, is appealing to E*. And a little extra profit from newly hooked subscribers to some premium movie channels is also appealing to them. ;)

Why, those sneaky little... :D

That's a great theory. Considering how lame E*'s marketing dept is, I wonder if they could have actually come up with such an ingenious plan.

Maybe we can consider it as some compensation for dishing out $40 for the external hd feature. :)

"Considering how lame E*'s marketing dept is, I wonder if they could have actually come up with such an ingenious plan. "

Oh come on! Give them some credit......NOT. I don't think they came up with that plan.

digi,

I like it. Maybe a notation at the bottom explaining what that number is might help.

P.S. When you said there was a "new addition" to the uplink report, I didn't consider for a second that it meant a new channel added. I guess that means I've got low expectations when it comes to these uplink reports.... :(

Man why do we both paying for these Premium Channels? With one group of them being free every weekend you can see all the good movies and shows playing on every one of the pay channels.

There is no reason to subscribe.

Man why do we both paying for these Premium Channels? With one group of them being free every weekend you can see all the good movies and shows playing on every one of the pay channels.

There is no reason to subscribe.

and you may also have a reason to watch those premium channels since they're free. When you have them all in the guide you don't watch them. :)

and you may also have a reason to watch those premium channels since they're free. When you have them all in the guide you don't watch them. :)

So true. When I had HBO for the final season of the Sopranos, I never watched anything else on HBO (didn't even glance through the guide to see if there was anything to record). Now with these free previews, I always glance through and record some stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)