SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 10/27/2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
the nba tv hd games were available to hd subs last year so hopefully it will continue that way, to require the sports pack would be silly. they gave us nhl hd, but then again they also didn't put the sd channel in a package

I thought you needed NBA League Pass to get those games in HD last year. NBA TV gives about 5 games a week FREE and now looks to have them in HD.

I get 129 with a Dish 500 (but I am in southeastern Idaho - oops, I mean Denver... I am in Denver...).

Well I am about 500 miles more NORTH & have tons of lodgepole pine trees to deal with as well. Not many trees in Idaho Falls!!!

I did call & after being on hold for ~ 10 min the CSR finally got permission to have a tech come out next week & check alignment & maybe add a 24in dish. I have a 500 for 129 now. The 129 dish is dedicated & a separate one for 110/119.

Other post have indicated that the 129 sat is weak & old & failing. That may be part of the problem as well as LOS.

SKI NORTHERN ROCKIES: Ski NW Rockies, Inland Northwest Ski Association, Northern Rockies, Snow Conditions, Terrain Park, Ski Lessons, Ski Instruction, Snowboard Lessons

FYI followup:
Tech came out & was able to successfully repoint my 129 Dish to get TBS & Voom signals. My TP 6 signal strength went from 5 to 14!! Hopefully it will be enough to maintain signal & picture. Hopefully Dish will not use TP 6 or 22 for more HD channels.

I also tried out the DishOnline & downloaded South Park movie. PQ seemed good, sound not great & low volume.
You definitely have to view it within 24 hours of starting movie. It then erases it!! Also, movie will EXPIRE within 7 day sof rental. Overall SUCKS!

Unless Dish offers VOD like the new one w/ D* with FREE programming from channels I have or loosens up the viewing requirements of rentals, then I will NOT be using DishOnline again.

FYI followup:
Tech came out & was able to successfully repoint my 129 Dish to get TBS & Voom signals. My TP 6 signal strength went from 5 to 14!! Hopefully it will be enough to maintain signal & picture. Hopefully Dish will not use TP 6 or 22 for more HD channels.

14??? Keep complaining. That isn't the larger size dish is it?

I thought you needed NBA League Pass to get those games in HD last year. NBA TV gives about 5 games a week FREE and now looks to have them in HD.

402 SD is red on my guide and I have 250 with no sports pack. 402 HD is on but has no sound. They are interviewing Iverson on location and it's 4:3 with branded sidebars. Oh the sound just came on and its lit up as 5.1(but this broadcast obviously isnt).

14??? Keep complaining. That isn't the larger size dish is it?
"14!!" was being a little facetious, but accurate!! Definition of facetious - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Dictionary reference for those readers who scored low on SAT!!!

Tech claimed that bigger dish would not make a difference due to the tree canopy of lodgepole pines that minimize LOS. We will see. I can now get TBS HD & the Voom channels that were no signal prior. Still low. My neighbor who owns the offending trees does plan to take a few down prior to full winter. My signal should improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts