SatMex 8 @116.8ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jorgek

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Near Toronto
Just blind scanned SatMex 8 and this is all I get. Anyone else?

Attachments

• SatMex 8.JPG
    SatMex 8.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 161
Are you thinking of Satmex 6? I didn't know there was so much on 8.

I don't get SatMex 6 at 113W due to a huge pine tree in the LOS.

I drove the dish to 119W and blind scanned 40 scrambled channels and not the one I posted.

My dish with USALs is tracking correctly right up to 125W. I'm using a universal linear FTA LNB.

Are there any other Dish birds close to 116W?

I don't see that one either. I have 6 hot KU transponders on SatMex8. I watch some C-Band on this bird but no ku.

I recall 1 trans. off 113w coming in at 40%'ish. Ill check tonight. If am able to get it, so should Jorgek.

Cheers, K

PS- Pin trees grow pretty fast, go out and prune the thing.

Depends on what is entered for L.O.
And Lyngsat just happens to have a fresh post of new TP with Dish Test Channel not too far from what was posted.

Okay thanks for all the excellent replies. I did recheck the dish azimuth and it is OFF between 1 -2 degrees. We had one heck of a wind storm the other day and I suspect it nudged the dish a bit. I am still tracking all the sats that are in my STB but some are weaker Q. Sometime this week I will re align and retest.

To compensate for the azimuth change I altered the LONG in the USALS menu. I added 1 degree. Now I have blind scanned SatMex 8 and I get TP 12080 and the odd Dish channel has disappeared.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts