Save Our Cband

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is an example of equipment sold for terrestrial use of the C-band 3.4 - 3.7GHz spectrum. http://www.flyteccomputers.com/deta...etM365&wre=1&gclid=CNqvm8XKzMMCFYRsfgod_UIAxQ This dual usage of these low C-band frequencies was previously approved by the WRC after studies were submitted showing that there would be minimal interference between the shared terrestrial and satellite services.

Here is the FCC info:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/index.htm?job=licensing&id=3650_3700

My company has a license call sign "WQOD717" just pay the fee fill out the paper work and you can start killing peoples cband :(

Here is an example of equipment sold for terrestrial use of the C-band 3.4 - 3.7GHz spectrum. http://www.flyteccomputers.com/deta...etM365&wre=1&gclid=CNqvm8XKzMMCFYRsfgod_UIAxQ This dual usage of these low C-band frequencies was previously approved by the WRC after studies were submitted showing that there would be minimal interference between the shared terrestrial and satellite services.:(

Here's a possible solution for the Rocket M365 problem.

"22 Colibri by Aguila. This round will turn your 22 into a cartridge fired pellet gun. Super quiet and fires a 20 grain projectile around 500FPS. It is only primer powered. Will not cycle the firearm but extremely quiet. Great for shooting pigeons in your backyard but we didn't say that. Packed 50 rds to a box and 500 rds to the brick". $49.00

Reactions: madmadworld
I don't understand, is this going to affect only free to air c-band or also the commercial encrypted c-band used by content providers?

Consider that it is the responsibility of the WRC to allocate the bandwidth in the public interest. If there is only a miniscule fraction of the population using a relatively large chunk of bandwidth, then it not a good investment.

I don't think anyone views C-band as critical to public safety or an efficient use of the resource.

As cold as that may sound, I tend to agree. Radio spectrum is a finite resource, and if it can be better used elsewhere, it probably should be.

Because it's a life and death important situation that everyone be able to faceborg while sitting on the toilet and post twitter pics of their lunch from their bloody cell phones..
Sooooooooo important. Yes, let's do away with satellite and TV and everything else so all the tards can do stupid crap on their cell phones at extreme speeds.

False dichotomy. You ought to know better than that.

a part of me wants to agree with Dee_Ann. People are married to their phones. let them take the fm radio band. or just use very low power access points at ground level.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
a part of me wants to agree with Dee_Ann. People are married to their phones. let them take the fm radio band. or just use very low power access points at ground level.

Wow don't think that would happen. But they could take other bands.

Last edited:
I have installed many satellite dishes that have this "high noise" from the head-end transmitters; they go all the way to wiped out when at the mountains top. I have also installed many a 3.65 Internet at the homes using them; and they really do not reach out to farther than 20 mile (and it is weak their). The power emitted from the home "to 365" is not a problem (it is how many use it aimed at the mountain top) and the myriad of these is then doubled from the hatt they use. With ever changing power levels depending on the number of internet users at the towers; they even interfere with themselves (their noise level goes higher).

And allocation tables of their allotted freq. band still only go to 5 MHz. (whatever at band typical to 3 Mb is what i put in; the noise of their band is higher the more they sign up) below the C Band's first frequency. Each band in 3.65 goes at a width to a lower number below the first with divide by number of users (odd). The band they sell at close to 3.7 is what noises an odd/even divide by actual perfect time; where as satellite dishes are thinking this same (alogerythem at the width) is the actual noise c band receives at power. If something gets in between the ti sighted power source; the ti is not affecting any power to the interfered item (put up ti fencing).

This requires the manufacturer to make sure of their designed notch (how close they put the band pass filter to hold the 3.7-4.2 design. What the noise does is make you get a bigger dish (more S/N) so that it remains un-affected. That is because it amps a direction better the bigger the dish.

Another factor is the installation; which requires designs to shield the dish from the terrestrial towers. Buildings, anything; blocks the terrestrial band of microwave signals (in the US; the power is regulated maybe sometimes differently in other Countries).

Here at the installed dish; though the bands are all different; the designed install against the hatt installation of a satellite dish is the finalized requirement for it to work; but not at the same frequency of types of Militaries.

Last edited:
Ah, the smell of progressiveness, I have 6 "C" band dishes in my side yard, love them, Two 12 footers, One 10 footer, A Six footer and a spotter that's 52 inches. I like analog and tubes, can't beat them. I have been playing with "C" band since 1984 and still have some original receivers that date back. Toki, Luxor, Drake, Got LNA's , what a great time.

Reactions: sgs and Titanium
I hope I can get my dish and system up and running and enjoy it before the dookie hits the fan lol, but I am crossing my fingers that they do not mess with c-band, they could just launch another satellite to fill their needs I would think.

Since they aren't having the meeting until November 2015, even if they vote to approve it, it will probably take months to figure out how to implement it. Then, once they do, the broadcasters will probably file lawsuits to block or amend it because they don't agree with how it's being done. May drag on for years (at least we can hope so).;)

So, we end up making screens out of stiff chicken wire and screen door material (wired to the chicken wire) to shield our dishes. Or, if in a wooded area like I am, you can judiciously use trees as a shield. As a worst case, we'll have to add waveguide filters.

I think in 95%+ cases of interference, there's things that can be done to alleviate the problem enough to still be able to use c-band dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts