Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Oh my then they will never find it. The Gov is still covering that up. :haha:clap

Covering what up? There is no Area 51. Cant cover up something that doesnt exist. :p

New Year is not the time for surprises. Its the time for resolutions. At best I see that Dish has resolved that more HD 'is coming'. But they conveniently left out even a basic idea of when. So I would say that yes more HD is coming... on Dec 31, 2008. The last possible moment before they have to break it.

New Year is not the time for surprises. Its the time for resolutions. At best I see that Dish has resolved that more HD 'is coming'. But they conveniently left out even a basic idea of when. So I would say that yes more HD is coming... on Dec 31, 2008. The last possible moment before they have to break it.

If Dish resolved that more HD is just coming, it could be 10 years from now! :eek:

I have followed this thread daily since the 12/5/07 OP. I have enjoyed reading all the comments and the commiseration.

It appears clear to me that the issue is not technical nor due to lack of bandwidth, but must be due to other factors. I can only conclude that since "this thread has 343 replies and has been viewed 54535 times", and many posters have spoken of phone calls and emails to "CEO". that Dish Network not only doesn't give a damn about meeting its customer's wishes, it is so contempuous of them that it won't even let them know what the plans are.

If someone has a more charitable take on the situation, please correct me.

I've never watched much on SciFi but I keep hearing you all talk about Stargate Atlantis so I am going to DVR this season and see how I like it.

Which show is everybody's favorite on SciFi. I've heard lots about SG Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica. Also, could I start with this season of SGA and have it make sense or do I need to watch previous seasons?

Marathon of SGA on Tomarrow, but it is season 3, you need to start with Season 1 and it helps to have watched SG1... same with BSG...(one on early in the am Saturday) BSG Season 1 starts Saturday on UHD, but you really need to watch the Mini-Series first.

I've not watched the Sci-Fi channel for years. I only have been checking the thread out with the assumption that USA Network will follow along (it's a higher rated network overall, but apparently not with the forum geeks). I'd like to see Monk, Psych and L&O Criminal Intent in HD before any go to NBC for rebroadcast.

I have followed this thread daily since the 12/5/07 OP. I have enjoyed reading all the comments and the commiseration.

It appears clear to me that the issue is not technical nor due to lack of bandwidth, but must be due to other factors. I can only conclude that since "this thread has 343 replies and has been viewed 54535 times", and many posters have spoken of phone calls and emails to "CEO". that Dish Network not only doesn't give a damn about meeting its customer's wishes, it is so contempuous of them that it won't even let them know what the plans are.

If someone has a more charitable take on the situation, please correct me.

No, you've about hit the nail on the head right there.

Last edited:
Stargate Atlantis is ok (it is a spin off of the far superior (but too long) Stargate SG-1.

Battlestar Galactica is however some of the best television ever made.

And to the question of technical vs not, this does appear to be a "tactical" decision probably timed to introduce the channel with the increased fees.

I just want to see up-converted Twilight Zones and ECW in HD.

Oh well, at least I've still got USA HD...oh wait, no I don't. Come on, Dish!

Stargate Atlantis is ok (it is a spin off of the far superior (but too long) Stargate SG-1.

Battlestar Galactica is however some of the best television ever made.

I agree. Battlestar is some of the best TV out there. But, if you're going to watch it, start from the beginning (the Mini-Series). Anything else will not do it justice.

Netflix has season 1, but I don't see the miniseries.

Netflix Online Movie Rentals - Rent DVDs, Classic Films to DVD New Releases

I agree. Battlestar is some of the best TV out there. But, if you're going to watch it, start from the beginning (the Mini-Series). Anything else will not do it justice.

Netflix has season 1, but I don't see the miniseries.

Netflix Online Movie Rentals - Rent DVDs, Classic Films to DVD New Releases

The BSG Season 1 DVD has the miniseries on it.

Just FYI, though, UHD is repeating the entire run of BSG starting tomorrow night (though not the miniseries). They're starting with the first hour long episode "33" -- which is perhaps one of the best hours of television ever produced. I'm psyched, because, except for when UHD showed the miniseries a few months back, I've never seen BSG in HD.

The BSG Season 1 DVD has the miniseries on it.

Just FYI, though, UHD is repeating the entire run of BSG starting tomorrow night (though not the miniseries). They're starting with the first hour long episode "33" -- which is perhaps one of the best hours of television ever produced. I'm psyched, because, except for when UHD showed the miniseries a few months back, I've never seen BSG in HD.

According to the Universal HD website, this is not the case:

Universal HD > Schedule

Did you see it advertised somewhere?

Ted

It has been advertised on UHD for a while and there was a press release posted here somewhere with the details. It is in the program guide and my DVR is set. I am glad I held off on buying the HD DVD of this. I would have been ticked.

The Univseral HD website is crap when it comes to their schedule.

According to the Universal HD website, this is not the case:

Universal HD > Schedule

Did you see it advertised somewhere?

Ted

I first saw it pointed out on AVS, then checked UHD website, which doesn't have it. But then I checked TitanTV, and it does list it. Others on AVS also say that UHD has been advertising BSG's return as part of their "Sci-Fi Saturday," along with reruns of Threshold. UHD's web site doesn't seem to be kept up to date very well.

Battlestar Galactica on Universal HD - No SciFi Spoilers please. - Page 33 - AVS Forum

I'm a fairly new dish customer, and they lied to me big time when I signed up about new stuff coming. I wouldn't count on them now for anything myself.

Posting this from my ... err my kids' new Wii just to see what it is like. What a pain to type all this even with the predictive text turned on.

You know you wanted it. I am a proud adult Wii owner. It's ok to admit you like to play. I just wish the silly thing could output at least 720p. (Grrrrr.) By the way, IMO the Wii's Opera browser is useless. I hope you didn't pay for it.

I first saw it pointed out on AVS, then checked UHD website, which doesn't have it. But then I checked TitanTV, and it does list it. Others on AVS also say that UHD has been advertising BSG's return as part of their "Sci-Fi Saturday," along with reruns of Threshold. UHD's web site doesn't seem to be kept up to date very well.

Battlestar Galactica on Universal HD - No SciFi Spoilers please. - Page 33 - AVS Forum

It shows up on the DISH guide, so I guess UHD's web site is incorrect.

Thanks,
Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts