SCI-FI to start Tues sept 7th (Channel 523) (Already up and Running...)

Hawkshaw said:
voombot,

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I just spent 3 hours bolting my house down for anything from a hurricane to a German bombing run... I was so tired, then i read this joke, and I passed out.

The good news is I passed out laughing.

The bad news is, this is the ultimate nerd joke. :confused:

"Getting the Sci-fi channel will finally let me cancel my cable subscription. Great to hear. THANK YOU VOOM!"

I second that, word for word. Thats $45 I will save.
You can knock voom, but you cant beat voom!
I wish those voom bashers would just go out and actually "buy" a HDtv.
Then, with voom, they could not possibility complain.
The diff between voom and D* is like the diff between color tv and B&W tv.
Its like the difference between the 1960 am transistor radio, and 5.1 digital sound.
Its like... well you get the idea.
I just added vavavoom last week, and I cant believe I waited so long to upgrade.

DarrellP- have you gone to the www.watchfarscape.com site and watched the "never shown on TV" preview?? I thought it would just be a rehash of the commercial weve been seeing but it is much more.Check it out if you havent done so!!

"Now VOOM just needs to get local RSN's to gain mass from cable and d* or e*"

Having your local RSN is common place today and VOOM won't get mass market until they provide everyone with their RSN. Their will be people like me that are fortunate enough to afford two services so I can get my RSN from Direct. But most people will not go with two providers. I am estatic that SCI-FI was added, now we need RSNs"

who cares, another sd channel

What a simplistic mind set. Who cares about the quality, content, imagination, excitement, intelligence, or interest we have in what we watch, as long as it looks good then its ok, forget the rest.

There is another analogy to that way of thinking, but somehow I don't think a guy like you would ever get it....and maybe I mean that more literally than it sounds :p

vurbano said:
who cares, another sd channel.

This isn't a SD channel, it's an MD channel. Middle Definition, it's SD content that's so good its in a definition of it's own. :yes :yes :yes

Does news of this new channel appear on vooms website? I cant find anything on this. You'd think voom would have something on their site about this.

I posted this in an earlier forum. Looks like some things are happening.

I don't agree with watching any "yellow dog" that is in HD. SD still has enjoyable programming. I would rather watch a good show in SD than a bad one in HD. It would be nice to have one service that could provide us with the choice of what we want to watch in both worlds. There are a lot of people on this forum that believe that there should only be one channel (the one they want to watch) and the rest are robbing "their" bandwidth. Sounds a little selfish to me. And before you tell me to run back to my SD, come look at my beautiful 48x85 HD picture (looks good in both HD and SD, but of course better in HD).

I hope the missing channels are added in a progressive manner and that everyone is satisfied with the programming. Block the ones you don't like. I'm looking for the Starz group to add the westerns channel (B&W for those of you who don't know means black and white). Quality entertainment like Maltese Falcon and Citizen Kane were made using this process. Changing a 4x3 original source to 16x9 is like taking the Mona Lisa and cutting the top of her head off.

I read in some post somewhare that SciFi was eventually going to be in HD. Can anyone confirm that?

Scifi channel is great news! All we need is HGTV, Foodnetwork and FSN Ohio and I can scrap cable completely.

Ti-maniac said:
I read in some post somewhare that SciFi was eventually going to be in HD. Can anyone confirm that?

SciFI content that was filmed, like Stargates and Farscape, Battlestar.. etc.. will probably make it's way to BravoHD as well as USA's HD transferable stuff like Monk.

What's on scifi that everyone's so excited about?

Other than the occasional reruns of the truly classic "Twilight Zone" series with Rod Serling, I've never seen anything on that channel that remotely interested me.

Three words my friend..

STARGATE SG-1 ATLANTIS

Nuff said!

Long live Voom! ..and Sci-Fi :)

The good news is I'm finally gonna get Sci-Fi. The bad news is I'm no longer going to be able to take my waverunner out after work Friday and will have to switch waverunner time to Saturday morning <g>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)