SCI-FI to start Tues sept 7th (Channel 523) (Already up and Running...)

SG1/Atlantis are already shot in a HD format (I beleive, I know for sure atlantis is)... these two shows in HD alone would be worth a dedicated SCIFI HD channel... hell Id pay a few bucks extra for it.

I don't know how many times it has been stated on this forum and AVS, and others, but BravoHD is supposed to grow and expand and start to include Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, Monk, and Farscape in HD...AVS Forum has a thread in which is posted that BravoHD might even change names to something else to denote the new NBC/USA/SCIFI/BRAVO HD programming.

riffjim4069 said:
I'm glad everyone is getting the Sci-Fi channel, but I can't say I've ever seen any of these shows...Star Trek genre is just not my cup o' tea. However, this is still a valuable addition to the channel lineup.

2 of the highest rated series on all of cable is a very needed and long awaited addition... SG1/Atlantis both average about 2 mil viewers per ep which is very good for cable.

Yay!!!

Finally!! I can watch Stargate Sg1 again.. and all the other shows that I was missing...don't take much to excite me. :cool:

jagouar said:
2 of the highest rated series on all of cable is a very needed and long awaited addition... SG1/Atlantis both average about 2 mil viewers per ep which is very good for cable.
Agreed! We now need to press VOOM for HGTV, FOOD and Lifetime via customer service posts. Sure, I don't watch them, but I'm sure a lot of VOOMers would love the see them added.

When is SCIFI supposed to start? The thread says Tuesday but Zap2it of course does not have a listing, neither does the PG. I told my wife YEAH! Voom added SCIFI and she said cool what about HGTV and DIY? I still say it would be BETTER if Voom could change MOOV for some HGTV type channel with HD Content. Also Wealth HD would probably be a bigger hit with women than guys also.

Sci-Fi is supposed to on the air around 9am EST Tuesday September 7th.

I imagine it'll take 24hrs or so for zapit/pg to reflect it being available.

Just a guess though..

I may be late on this, but Sci-Fi will be in SD, right? Will there ever be a Sci-Fi HD?

No, it will be SD.

HD may or may not come at a later time.

Augurr said:
I may be late on this, but Sci-Fi will be in SD, right? Will there ever be a Sci-Fi HD?

The speculation is that all HD content from Sci-Fi will be show in Bravo-HD+. So there will be no Sci-Fi HD channel in the short run. This may be subject to change as information about HD changes rapidly.

This is great can't wait to get home and watch some of this, now we need more insider info on the BravoHD deal..

Picture quality on SciFi Voom is better than off on Brighthouse cable. It appears that they're not crushing blacks the way cable is on s-video input. Voom Satellite is input on component and DVI. So far, I'm using native passthrough, however, I think I'll try some of the other resolution setting to see how they compare. To those who are not quite the technogeek as some of the others of us, this comes down to whether the TV or the Voom receiver has the better deinterlacer.

Adding SciFi brings me about 50% closer to ditching my cable service provider. The local CBS affiliate hasn't gone HD yet, but I think if I were able to get high speed cable elsewhere, I'd go ahead and drop cable.

Can someone check the current channel count, to see if any other channels have been added? Is it 144 or 145? (I am hoping for RSN Cleveland...).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts