Scott's Rumor Confirmed: Seven New HD Nationals Coming to Dish in August/September

whatchel1

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Hd Fta

Yes, Ohhhh.. the memories! I have a couple of Unity Motion 1000A receivers sitting here gathering dust. They were $3995.00 each :eek: at the start of the service that only lasted 6 months. :( Good for HD FTA satellite though.

Is there any HD FTA?

tigershere

tigershere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 6, 2006
I just want my networks and CW in HD
I can't get them from the city that's 35 miles away thanks to a Hill about 200 yards in front of my house. It's totally blocked.

The SD locals from Meridian Miss really suck and are the worst channels I have. Really piss poor QP

I just want my networks more than anything else

bgsmallwood

bgsmallwood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 30, 2004
The Nations
I was hoping for Military Channel and Discovery Times channel in HD too. I don't mean to be ungrateful but I noticed that a lot of their programming has been in WS format for a while and I was hoping they would be on the list of new HD channels.

cebbigh

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
bgsmallwood; said:
I was hoping for Military Channel and Discovery Times channel in HD too. I don't mean to be ungrateful but I noticed that a lot of their programming has been in WS format for a while and I was hoping they would be on the list of new HD channels.

Those would be great. I really want the SciFi channel. And because my kids watch so much of it Nickelodeon (or any kids network) in HD would be nice too.

DucTape

DucTape

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Jan 20, 2005
South Eastern PA.
I saw Discovery HD on the list, which one will it be, the old Discovery in hd or one of their other ones?

rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Too bad it wasn't available this week; would have been nice to see Shark Week in HD.

jahlight

jahlight

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 12, 2006
I know this is a probably a ridiculously dumb question but with these new RSN's the MLB games out of market are still blacked out are they not?

E

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
Not necessarily. We all get the out of market games that are nationally broadcsast by Fox as well as those carried by ESPN. Additionally, since I have the superstation package I get a number of White Sox & Cubs games from WGN and I get some Mets & Yankees games from WPIX and WWOR respectively.

mdonnelly

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
I know this is a probably a ridiculously dumb question but with these new RSN's the MLB games out of market are still blacked out are they not?
Yes, the out of market RSN games are blacked out. If you want out of market games on the RSNs, you need MLB Extra Innings from cable or DirecTV.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Proud Stiff Member
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Maryland
Plus one the games are on the HD RSNs, so if the games are blacked out, what good does the HD out of market RSN do you?

Kinda stinks.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just FYI, I guess Dish has the new VOOM MPEG4 HD channels up and in testing on 61.5.

I have received a few reports that the channels are in 1440 x 1080 mode (Which is an improvement!)

Now while people may whine about 1440 x 1080i I must stress that most if not all of the shows on VOOM that were shot in HD with HD Cameras were shot in 1440 x 1080i, this means if it was in 1920 x 1080i the quality wouldn't actually be any better.

RandallA

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
"I have received a few reports that the channels are in 1440 x 1080 mode "

Scott, what's the current resolution for the Voom channels?

MikeD-C05

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
"I have received a few reports that the channels are in 1440 x 1080 mode "

Scott, what's the current resolution for the Voom channels?

I thought that they were in 1280 x 1080 mode. They sure look like they are in reduced quality.