Scott's Rumor Confirmed: Seven New HD Nationals Coming to Dish in August/September

I just want my networks and CW in HD
I can't get them from the city that's 35 miles away thanks to a Hill about 200 yards in front of my house. It's totally blocked.

The SD locals from Meridian Miss really suck and are the worst channels I have. Really piss poor QP

I just want my networks more than anything else

I was hoping for Military Channel and Discovery Times channel in HD too. I don't mean to be ungrateful but I noticed that a lot of their programming has been in WS format for a while and I was hoping they would be on the list of new HD channels.

bgsmallwood; said:
I was hoping for Military Channel and Discovery Times channel in HD too. I don't mean to be ungrateful but I noticed that a lot of their programming has been in WS format for a while and I was hoping they would be on the list of new HD channels.

Those would be great. I really want the SciFi channel. And because my kids watch so much of it Nickelodeon (or any kids network) in HD would be nice too.

I know this is a probably a ridiculously dumb question but with these new RSN's the MLB games out of market are still blacked out are they not?

Not necessarily. We all get the out of market games that are nationally broadcsast by Fox as well as those carried by ESPN. Additionally, since I have the superstation package I get a number of White Sox & Cubs games from WGN and I get some Mets & Yankees games from WPIX and WWOR respectively.

I know this is a probably a ridiculously dumb question but with these new RSN's the MLB games out of market are still blacked out are they not?
Yes, the out of market RSN games are blacked out. If you want out of market games on the RSNs, you need MLB Extra Innings from cable or DirecTV.

Plus one the games are on the HD RSNs, so if the games are blacked out, what good does the HD out of market RSN do you?

Kinda stinks.

Just FYI, I guess Dish has the new VOOM MPEG4 HD channels up and in testing on 61.5.

I have received a few reports that the channels are in 1440 x 1080 mode (Which is an improvement!)

Now while people may whine about 1440 x 1080i I must stress that most if not all of the shows on VOOM that were shot in HD with HD Cameras were shot in 1440 x 1080i, this means if it was in 1920 x 1080i the quality wouldn't actually be any better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)