Scott's Rumor Confirmed: Seven New HD Nationals Coming to Dish in August/September

They had better match Directv with their list or they will not be able to claim that they are the hd leader and will remain so.
I expect the two DBS providers to play leapfrog for the next few years with their HD offerings, and that's probably a good thing. I'm just wondering what's on the plate for September - CNN-HD, TBS-HD, more RSNs, ...?

I expect the two DBS providers to play leapfrog for the next few years with their HD offerings, and that's probably a good thing. I'm just wondering what's on the plate for September - CNN-HD, TBS-HD, more RSNs, ...?

Yeah same here Scott any word on what else they might be adding in September?? :)

"I have received a few reports that the channels are in 1440 x 1080 mode "

Scott, what's the current resolution for the Voom channels?
The MPEG2 ones are currently 1280 x 1080

And no I don't know what channels are coming in September. And I have not been trying to find out, I like a good surprise every now and then too. :D

There will be the Baseball playoffs and next year, the TBS Sunday schedule. Braves games will exclusively move to turner south.

You mean Fox Sports South, Turner South has been gone for sometime now, much to the disappointment of those who loved the non-baseball programs they had.

New HD channels?

Had a problem with my bill, got it cleared up with a very good customer service lady (in the USA) Asked her what new HD channels were coming on in the coming months, She said she hadn't heard of any new stations that were going to be added. So whats the scoop are there going to be new ones added or not?

Had a problem with my bill, got it cleared up with a very good customer service lady (in the USA) Asked her what new HD channels were coming on in the coming months, She said she hadn't heard of any new stations that were going to be added. So whats the scoop are there going to be new ones added or not?

Yes, the new ones are being added. Don't believe everything a CSR tells you ;)

I'm just wondering what's on the plate for September - CNN-HD, TBS-HD, more RSNs, ...?

I am as well. I'm really hoping for CNN-HD to be one of them. With all of the 24/7 news channels that there are, we are really in need of at least one good one in HD.

We are in a bit of a quandry here and have read this thread with great interest.

Have been a Dish Net subscriber for a VERY long time and have been waiting to upgrade to HD service as things are finally going. Now it is "go time" as our subscription is yearly based and due for renewal. Our problem NESN-HD is unavailable.

Directv has it as well as Verizon-Fios (which we cannot get here yet and who knows when?) But I like the Dish receivers and am already set up with the proper dish etc on the roof so it's be a matter of simply hooking up the new receiver to get the HD.

So after multiple communications with Dish over trying to get an answer about NESN-HD here's the result of my latest questions about HD content and NESN in particular.

"Currently the channels we have in HD are: Animania HD, Arts & Entertainment HD, Discovery HD Theater, Equator HD, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, Family Room HD, Film fest HD, Food Network HD, Gallery HD, Game Play HD, HD News, HDNet, HDNET Movies, Home & Garden TV HD, Kung Fu HD, Monster HD, National Geographic HD, NFL Network HD, Rave HD, Rush HD, TNT HD, Treasure HD, Ultra HD, Universal HD, World Cinema HD, and World Sport HD

In August and September we are adding: Music HD, Golf/Versus HD, Animal Planet HD, The Science Channel HD, TLC HD, Discovery HD, and History HD

The RSN’s being added are Fox Sports channels (like Fox Sports Network South), currently any area specific RSN’s are not being added. Also they are game-content only at this time. You can take advantage of the RSN’s that we currently offer in HD by subscribing to our Multi-sports pack it’s only 5.99 per month, there are extensive blackouts, but you would be able to take advantage of the channels."

This is the published information that probably many of you already have (newbie here). But it is very disappointing to me that NESN-HD isn't part of this mix. So I am afraid I now have to look very strongly in Directv's direction.

Does anyone know anything more about this?

Blah, give us some more entertainment channels not more sports. Yes I am aware sports "was" a big seller for HD but these days we need more. The sports nutz are not the sole supporters of HD anymore and would be nice if the industry recognized that.

Blah, give us some more entertainment channels not more sports. Yes I am aware sports "was" a big seller for HD but these days we need more. The sports nutz are not the sole supporters of HD anymore and would be nice if the industry recognized that.

You mean entertainment channels like A&E HD which offers almost no HD content? Meanwhile NESN HD broadcasts EVERY Red Sox game in HD. To millions of people across 6 states this is much more important than reruns of Crossing Jordan in SD (or edited Sopranos reruns in HD even). People in New England deserve NESN-HD and if I had to give up A&E "HD" for that to happen I would in a second. This is not a entertainment vs sports issue. This is about delivering content that people want. Is there some channel Dish doesn't offer that you REALLY REALLY have to have? Because NESN is that to an entire region of the country.

You mean entertainment channels like A&E HD which offers almost no HD content? Meanwhile NESN HD broadcasts EVERY Red Sox game in HD. To millions of people across 6 states this is much more important than reruns of Crossing Jordan in SD (or edited Sopranos reruns in HD even). People in New England deserve NESN-HD and if I had to give up A&E "HD" for that to happen I would in a second. This is not a entertainment vs sports issue. This is about delivering content that people want. Is there some channel Dish doesn't offer that you REALLY REALLY have to have? Because NESN is that to an entire region of the country.

Amen brother...

you damn Red Sox fans already have already enough good things...when is Chicago gonna get Comcast Sports NET in HIGH DEF!!
Agreed! I've already given up on this baseball season as far as HD broadcasts and I can survive the Bulls season in SD if I have to, but it is completely unacceptable if we don't have Comcast Sports Net Chicago in HD by the start of next baseball season in April 2008. If that doesn't happen, my contract will be expired by then and I'm out of here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)