Scott's Rumor Confirmed: Seven New HD Nationals Coming to Dish in August/September

Agreed! I've already given up on this baseball season as far as HD broadcasts and I can survive the Bulls season in SD if I have to, but it is completely unacceptable if we don't have Comcast Sports Net Chicago in HD by the start of next baseball season in April 2008. If that doesn't happen, my contract will be expired by then and I'm out of here.
Well, I bought some rabbit ears, and now I can get WGN in HD for the cubs and alot of the bulls games, but its hard to believe in the 3rd largest market in the country, we are NOT one of the lucky ones who have our RSN in HD...

How many and which hd channels will we get in Sept.? We know the history channel is one because it was already announced. I think cnn and or maybe tbs will be the other. Has anyone heard anything about fox news getting an hd channel?? With cnn being launched this fall that fox news would not be too far behind.

How many and which hd channels will we get in Sept.? We know the history channel is one because it was already announced. I think cnn and or maybe tbs will be the other. Has anyone heard anything about fox news getting an hd channel?? With cnn being launched this fall that fox news would not be too far behind.

Read through this thread, man, there are dozens of posts that answer your question...

This thread is becoming a little frayed. Yes, some of us would like to see Fox News and Bill O'Reilly in HD. Some of us would not give the least little hair from the rat's long, long tail to see CNN in HD or anything else. Cie la vie.

I was hoping to see something beyond the list of 7 (6 in mid August, 1 on Sept. 1) as the new additions. Based on Charlie Ergen's previous comments about talking heads doing news in HD, neither FoxNews nor CNN seem likely to make the immediate list. Charlie's Tech Chat is next Monday night, 9:00, and I will definitely be watching that to see if there is "new" news.

There are probably scores, literally scores, of channels that someone would like to see in HD. Maybe even "ReelNewz" for cinema addicts? How about the Military Channel? Sleuth? CMT? No, wait, we're apparently getting that one as part of MHD...

Whatever, these are exciting times...

Regards, and may we all get what we want (not necessarily what we deserve...)
Fitzie

Can we limit the discussion to channels that exist or are known to be forthcoming? That's what's fraying the thread. Saying you want "something" instead of what you are getting is useless too.

And only after I post a minor request for BBC-HD. But then, maybe it wont be too flattering to Joan Collins and her wrinkles.

And only after I post a minor request for BBC-HD. But then, maybe it wont be too flattering to Joan Collins and her wrinkles.

Sammy,

We will NEVER see BBC HD. The reason is that BBC HD is a UK channel whom has sold a number of UK shows to other US Networks. Airing BBC HD UK in the US would violate those contracts for that syndicated content that airs on the other Networks.

BBC HD also has US content that is syndicated, and again airing that content in the US on their Channel HERE would also be a violation of those contracts.

The only way we are going to get BBC HD Content is if and when networks in the US either Purchase it in syndication or BBC sets up a special BBC US HD network, but we already have BBC America.

BBC America is owned by Discovery Networks, so maybe we can hope that BBC America will soon offer an HD feed.

BTW "Torchwood" will air on HDNET this fall.

John

HD Package

Did not notice in this forum but will these new HD channels cost more $ or be part of the current HD package. I subscribe to the HD package and the top 100.
Don't get NGHD.

Did not notice in this forum but will these new HD channels cost more $ or be part of the current HD package. I subscribe to the HD package and the top 100.
Don't get NGHD.
If you do not get the SD version of the channel, you likely will not get the HD version. That is the reason you do not get National Geographic HD. AT200 or AT250 may be required for some of them.

Don't get NGHD.
With the AT100, you'll probably only get History HD, MHD and The Learning Channel HD. You would need AT250 to get all seven that were announced.

Yeah CSR's are not going to know much about new channels being added until they get turned on. So most cases folks here will know before they will.

BBC America is owned by Discovery Networks, so maybe we can hope that BBC America will soon offer an HD feed.

John

FWIW BBC America is NOT owned by Discovery, they are wholly owned by BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC. Discovery just distributes the channel.