Scripps Stations dispute?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Have you re-scanned lately? When 61 went to ATSC 3.0 and moved to channel 15 a few weeks back the correct guide info got replaced with the channel 15 guide and it's been wrong ever since

I had no idea about the repack, that's how little I watch CW. I entered it back in manually and sure enough the guide data for 15 is showing up for channel 61.

Hi Crodrules,

This sounds like my OTA situation in Tucson, which includes several Scripps stations. KGUN9 (9.01) repeats the guide information from CW channel 58 (58.01).

This just started about a week ago -- could it be related to the Dish/Scripps dispute, or just a coincidence?

--Scott in Tucson

P.S.: Nice trick on the free locals. I still don't understand why we stations are allowed to charge re-transmission fees for free, government-sanctioned over the air signals.
It sounds like the same thing happened in Tucson that happened in Phoenix. Did you re-scan your OTA locals recently? If you don't re-scan after a repack, you continue to get the correct guide information for the station that moved, but you can no longer receive the station. After re-scanning, you can receive the station, but the Dish receivers may screw up the guide information if the station is now sharing the same frequency as another station.

My DVR has been quiet for at least four weeks. No new shows, no sports, absolutely nothing of interest. Is this really the time to be pulling this crap?

At least Endeavor on Masterpiece has shown up to be recorded this Sunday.
Crap. Turned out these were reruns from last year. I will have to wait until August to get all three ( :rolleyes ) of the new episodes we will get this year.

Here is a FB message I got from them:

We understand that this is a frustrating situation. This is the first time in @EWScrippsCo’s history that we have experienced a blackout of service with a cable or satellite company. For more information, please visit scrippsviewerinfo.com.

And my reply:

Seriously, now you are flat out lying to your customers? That shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone and no one should believe anything you say any longer.
6 of the longest TV network blackouts

Seriously, now you are flat out lying to your customers? That shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone and no one should believe anything you say any longer.
I wonder if Scripps will be giving refunds or make-goods to their advertisers while viewer numbers are down because of their actions.

Here is a FB message I got from them:

We understand that this is a frustrating situation. This is the first time in @EWScrippsCo’s history that we have experienced a blackout of service with a cable or satellite company. For more information, please visit scrippsviewerinfo.com.

And my reply:

Their message was certainly poorly-worded. I think they meant that this is the first blackout of broadcast channels in their history. The dispute you linked was about cable channels, and those channels are now no longer owned by Scripps. In any event, this is certainly their first dispute with Dish, over any of their channels.

Meanwhile, I get the two Detroit stations OTA for free. Stupid move on the part of Scripps. It just forces more people to put up antennas and cancel their locals via Dish.

Have you been able to receive WHNE (RF channel 3) since the repack? I have not. But I have not tried hard either.

Have you been able to receive WHNE (RF channel 3) since the repack? I have not. But I have not tried hard either.
The same thing happened here when our local religious station, WGGN, moved to RF channel 3. Before the repack, I could get 100 percent signal strength from that station, but now it does not come in at all. I think my so-called "VHF/UHF" antenna actually does not handle VHF very well, or at least not low-VHF. Our in-town independent station, WMFD, comes in just fine on RF channel 12, though.

Reactions: PasTypique
Ahhhh, so now we have to be mind readers? Should everyone try to insert their own interpretation to a statement issued by them or actually take them for their official reply to a question?
I was just playing Devil's Advocate (one of my favorite hobbies :devilish ) explaining how they could have made such a mistake. There is still no excuse for their misleading statement, though, especially if they have not retracted it by now.

There were comments earlier in the thread about how the networks might not be too pleased with Scripps's actions, and that they should hold Scripps accountable. I was just pointing out that, based on Scripps's (relative) lack of disputes in the past, they are not the problem here. They are only the latest station owner to jump on the bandwagon of blackouts. There are plenty of other broadcast ownership groups with much worse track records, that should probably have their feet held to the fire first.

I wish that you could adjust the source of the recording to "Seek". Then it can ping pong between sat & OTA without any effort other than to set up the initial timer.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)