Search

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shanklej

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
Ocala fl
I tried a search for "titanium satellite asc1" but the search went nowhere.
How else can I find the article on this new piece of equipment?
Thanks

I tried a search for "titanium satellite asc1" but the search went nowhere.
How else can I find the article on this new piece of equipment?
Thanks

I noticed yesterday the search function was down as well. Go to google, search "satelliteguys.us titanium satellite asc1". It brings up a post.

Last edited:
Is there a way to get individual posts listed in the search results ? I get threads, and in long threads it can take forever to find the actual hits you've retrieved.

Is there a way to get individual posts listed in the search results ? I get threads, and in long threads it can take forever to find the actual hits you've retrieved.

Sure! After clicking on the "Search" link, click on the "Advanced Search" hyperlink below it. On the next page that appears, scroll down and tick the radio button for "Posts" instead of leaving the default for "Threads". Then do your search, and it'll bring up individual posts instead of threads.

Sure! After clicking on the "Search" link, click on the "Advanced Search" hyperlink below it. On the next page that appears, scroll down and tick the radio button for "Posts" instead of leaving the default for "Threads". Then do your search, and it'll bring up individual posts instead of threads.

That's exactly what's not working for me. I tick the little box for Posts and get a result like this:

campbelltown.jpg

Multiple pages with no indication of where the search term "Campbelltown" is to be found. I'd like to be able to see if a Craigslist ad has been previously posted, but can't go through the entire thread looking for it.

Help me see what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
What browser are you using? It works for me on both IE 8.0 and FireFox (any version).

Maybe you need to clear your cookies and cache? I clear cache quite frequently.

Campbelltown.GIF

Ah, I have to hit the tab "Search Single Content Type" to reveal "Show results as". Thank you, it was hiding in plain sight.

Ah, I have to hit the tab "Search Single Content Type" to reveal "Show results as". Thank you, it was hiding in plain sight.

HA! I never even noticed those tabs up at the top (or if I did, I didn't pay attention to them). I always used the default first tab "Search Single Content Type"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)