Searching for signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gjabier

Original poster
May 2, 2010
Central America
Hi,

I just setup a receiver with a single LNB aimed to 101, registered the account with D** and the only two channels that I can watch are 100 and 105 (guide and event info) other channels display "Searching for signal" and the others "Call **** to activate"
I do have good signal on most of the transponders, some don't have any. Is there a specific transponder that need to have signal on for any channels to appear???

Thank you for the help!

Where in Central America are you? You may be outside the footprint.

What receiver make & model?

Are you sure you are hitting DirecTV 4S/8 at 101.0°W ?

"Call to activate"? Are you a legal sub?

Where in Central America are you? You may be outside the footprint.

What receiver make & model?

Are you sure you are hitting DirecTV 4S/8 at 101.0°W ?

"Call to activate"? Are you a legal sub?

Hey Charper, How ya been ?

Ya beat me to it, I would have asked the same things !

Its been a rough couple of months on a personal level but hanging in there; thanks for asking. What about you?

I'm in Guatemala, I'm sure i can see the footprint, I had the service a few years ago, using a 1.8 meter antenna.

I have a Samsung SIR S300

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm hitting 101 4S/8 , I get signal on about 18 transponders out of the 32

I'm in Guatemala, I'm sure i can see the footprint, I had the service a few years ago, using a 1.8 meter antenna.

I have a Samsung SIR S300

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm hitting 101 4S/8 , I get signal on about 18 transponders out of the 32

I would try re pointing it again .... sorry to say. ;)

I already tried that. Moved it to 119 and there it would no do anything (populating guide) so I moved it back to 101. Is it posible that I'm locking to another sat (102 or 99) although I'm able to see channels 100 and 105. Or if I'm able to see those two channels, I'm definitely hitting 101???

Thanks for your prompt answers

I already tried that. Moved it to 119 and there it would no do anything (populating guide) so I moved it back to 101. Is it posible that I'm locking to another sat (102 or 99) although I'm able to see channels 100 and 105. Or if I'm able to see those two channels, I'm definitely hitting 101???

Thanks for your prompt answers

You should be able to see channels 100, 200 and 500 without a sub.
I'm still not sure your hitting the 101.

Card was active up to less than a year ago. Would I get 100, 200 and 500 even if I was hitting a diferrente satellite than 101??? When reactivated yesterday, the lady didn't have any issues with the card.

AND there is a list of Directv channels that corresponds to the transponders.

Knowing that, try running up from ch 100 and see what else you have.

What state of CONUS is Guatemala anyhow? Got a zip code?

Joe

I'm comparing the list I get on the box vs the list corresponding to 101 on lyngsat and some of the channels don't match, most do. I've tried going one by one from 100 up and nothing. On 200 I have the same thing as 100 and 201 the same thing as 105. List of channels on 200 and list of sport events on 201.

I'm comparing the list I get on the box vs the list corresponding to 101 on lyngsat and some of the channels don't match, most do. I've tried going one by one from 100 up and nothing. On 200 I have the same thing as 100 and 201 the same thing as 105. List of channels on 200 and list of sport events on 201.

In the 100's will only be the PPV's try starting in the 200's.
Look at your list of channels that are on the 101 only and still in mpeg2, I'm guessing that your not trying to get mpeg4 as you won't get them with the current dish set up you have.

I already tried all channels available and the only ones viewable are those 4, tried 500 as some suggested and says "channel not available"

You lost me on the your last line. Why would not I get mpeg2,4 if this is a DTv provided receiver, or you mean the lnb is not compatible with mpeg4??? I used the same LNB for D&$h up to a year ago. Please explain.

THanks again

I already tried all channels available and the only ones viewable are those 4, tried 500 as some suggested and says "channel not available"

You lost me on the your last line. Why would not I get mpeg2,4 if this is a DTv provided receiver, or you mean the lnb is not compatible with mpeg4??? I used the same LNB for D&$h up to a year ago. Please explain.

THanks again

Dish / LNB is not compatible with the MPEG4.
What recvr did you say you were using ?

I found it ....

Samsung SIR S300, this recvr also is not mpeg 4 compatible.

Thank you again Jimbo,

Does that mean that all gear has to be for mpeg4, including Lnb and receiver??? When did that changed, i missed a lot of things

Thank you again Jimbo,

Does that mean that all gear has to be for mpeg4, including Lnb and receiver??? When did that changed, i missed a lot of things

No, the mpeg 4 stuff is on particular sat locations now, the 99 and 101 sats have mpeg4 channels on it and you current set up does not see those locations.

No, the mpeg 4 stuff is on particular sat locations now, the 99 and 101 sats have mpeg4 channels on it and you current set up does not see those locations.

That's the reason why this same setup works somewhere else and not my current location, I'm able to hit the MPEG4 channels but this gear is not able to manage MPEG4. 100, 105 and the others I see are still on MPEG2 and that's how I can see those. Is that correct???

What would you suggest??? Is there any other Dtv Sat that I can hit that still has MPEG2 channels on it???? Would getting the lastest receiver allow me to watch tv????

Thank you again JIMBO

You should be able to pick up channels 100, 200, and 201 with no subscription. They have channel info and schedules and are on 101.
Even if you have mpeg4 compatible equipment, you aren't likely to be able to pick it up where you are, since you are outside of the area the signals are sent to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts