Second output for windows media center.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jokeworm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Tulsa. Ok.
Am just getting around to hooking up a spare pc to my HR21 so that i can use ORB to stream the output to a PC in my bedroom (similar to slingbox)

Am i right in thinking that all of the outputs on the receiver are active and live at the same time ?

I currently use component to my main TV (seems to be a touch faster than HDMI) so wanted to use one of the two sets of composite outputs to the video card in my spare PC ...

before i start pulling everything to pieces to get it where i want it - this should work - right ? Wanted to make sure that nobody knows of any "gotcha's" before i start, as I'm going to be reformatting the old PC to start with a fresh install ...

:)

All outputs are active. But, you may need to play with the output format. I have my HR20 outputting to a whole house modulator serving standard TVs. If the receiver is showing HD, then the other TVs show a skinny version. If the receiver is on an SD channel then I stretch it so it will be normal.

You are correct. I have my media center PC connected to my HD DVR via a regular coax connection since the PC is still SD, and have the component outs going to my HDTV. The HD channels are not aspected correctly on the media center but the regular SD channels are fine. So yes, all of the outputs are active and you can set it up to work easily just by connecting the cables.

thanks - got the video working just fine - am still having problems with the IR blaster though ...
I'm going to take my (spare) laptop into the bedroom and hook it up to my TV in there ... so the video feed will show on my tv in the bedroom ... to change channels - i assume i can just pickup one of those RF remotes - right ?

I know there is a slight delay because its coming over the internet to my tv .. but i assume that will work as a temporary fix until i pickup a slingbox or something similar.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)