seeking Amplifier advise

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vixens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Belize, Central America
I have a rather complicated set-up.

Due to my location I had to work with 3 different and large sat dishes and 4 separate LNBs for 99/101/103/119.
see my set-up summery at: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/309927-first-time-set-up/page47

I am using a Slimline5 multi-switch and a PVDP-2PP to combine 99W and 101W. This works pretty good. By combining I am loosing several weak transponders on 101 but this is not a big deal as most channels are in HD anyhow.

But by combining 103W and 119 W I still have problems.
The readings for 103W are between 26 and 68 on (ca) and around 75 on (cb).
The 119W signals are 40-50 max.
If just one is plugged into the Slimline it works good and signals come through nicely.
By combining 103/119 with the PVDP-2PP I am loosing a hole punch of tps: all weak TPs on 103W and most of 119W.

While signals are a better near the Slimline (on a regular 6 foot cable to the receiver), the long 150 feet run takes an additional heavy toll.

Inline amps do not work at all, neither before the Slimline5 nor after; other combiners do not work any better either (see pic).
switches 001.JPG

I hope the right Amps would solve that problem.

Can someone advise if and what amps are available for Directv Ku and Ka frequencies before and after the Slimline switch ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
I have a rather complicated set-up.

Due to my location I had to work with 3 different and large sat dishes and 4 separate LNBs for 99/101/103/119.
see my set-up summery at: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/309927-first-time-set-up/page47

I am using a Slimline5 multi-switch and a PVDP-2PP to combine 99W and 101W. This works pretty good. By combining I am loosing several weak transponders on 101 but this is not a big deal as most channels are in HD anyhow.

But by combining 103W and 119 W I still have problems.
The readings for 103W are between 26 and 68 on (ca) and around 75 on (cb).
The 119W signals are 40-50 max.
If just one is plugged into the Slimline it works good and signals come through nicely.
By combining 103/119 with the PVDP-2PP I am loosing a hole punch of tps: all weak TPs on 103W and most of 119W.

While signals are a better near the Slimline (on a regular 6 foot cable to the receiver), the long 150 feet run takes an additional heavy toll.

Inline amps do not work at all, neither before the Slimline5 nor after; other combiners do not work any better either (see pic).
View attachment 93256

I hope the right Amps would solve that problem.

Can someone advise if and what amps are available for Directv Ku and Ka frequencies before and after the Slimline switch ?

Thanks !

I would verify with someone on here that you need the 119. Is there some special programming you know is on 119? Most installations just use 99, 101 & 103. The 110 & 119 are not as prominent anymore.

Joe

There isn't much there but local sd channels, a few music channels, and a couple of non English channels. Considering where Vixen is, that may be what he wants 119 for.

GoalTV channel 456 is on 119W; I am a passionate soccer fan !

I am looking for 3 different power amps (Inline amps will not work sufficiently):
* between 119W lnb and switch
* between 103W lnb and switch (remember I am combining 119 and 103 with a PVDP-2PP before feeding it into the 6x8 and that combining causes signal loss)
* for the long run ca. 150' between switch and HR22

Currently I am using a slimline 6x8 but I could switch to SWM.
I am looking at these Sonora amps http://sonoradesign.com/ but this is rather confusing for my limited knowledge about frequencies.

Thanks,
Wolfgang

Last edited:
GoalTV channel 456 is on 119W; I am a passionate soccer fan !

I am looking for 3 different power amps (Inline amps will not work sufficiently):
* between 119W lnb and switch
* between 103W lnb and switch (remember I am combining 119 and 103 with a PVDP-2PP before feeding it into the 6x8 and that combining causes signal loss)
* for the long run ca. 150' between switch and HR22

Currently I am using a slimline 6x8 but I could switch to SWM.
I am looking at these Sonora amps http://sonoradesign.com/ but this is rather confusing for my limited knowledge about frequencies.

Thanks,
Wolfgang

There ya go soccer......a religion some places. I have met guys who only wanted soccer or ice hockey. Al the other programming was just stuff to watch between games or material to keep the kids quiet during the game.

Re your rig, both Sonora and Solid Signal have guys who will answer the phone and give you as much info as you can use.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)