Self Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sksatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
If anyone want to do the self installation, please remember, all system should be grounded and understand the stucture of your roof if intent do the roof installation.

The reason I post this is, someone here locally is a so call dealer which he did an installation on a super dish for a customer, the dish recently fell from roof and sure the dish is damage and roof is part of tear off, worst is this so call dealer don't has the sealer when put the mount on the roof. The worst part is, this dealer has no general liability insurance. I do not know how this thing settle but this guy already has the bad name passing around. Local so call dealer if not SBCA certified and insurance, better make sure they did the right installation, I had have see these dealer/installers never ground the system which is not NEC codes. Bad bad install.

These scum bags posing as satellite installers/dealers need to be weeded out they are taking the food right out the mouth of licensed certified professionals no wonder you are angry Sing, all we can do is tell the public what is going on and inform them of the clowns who are involved in the satellite installation trade! The worst part about your story is its happening all over the country while we obey the law and waste our money on SBCA 1+2 certificate, licence and insurance, I wonder what happens when the customer tries to contact the retailer dealer, their bargain price is not much good to them then, thanks for sharing Sing! :yes

uh oh

crips, I could have done a better job...and I'm not an installer :D

Pete, when you come and install my stuff I want to see all your pertnent info :)

People think more about price than quality expecting the install to be done professionally at any price offered.

Well said Stargazer, the perceived value of a satellite install is "Free" people don't understand the cost for insurance, licence, certification, gas, materials they are all the independent installers responsibility, a satellite installation done right takes some time and a lot of work behind the scenes.

Iceberg! Looks like the cost of your install has just went UP! I will not be bringing my license...... to your install as I want to save money on gas and the weight of the card should save me 2-3 cents over such a long distance : ) If you want to check it You will have to check it online : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts