Sending the ASC1 into retirement?AJAK

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think T-racer,retired his asc1,they didn"t play nice with his system either,as far as I know.And he does not have an ajak system.I"m wondering if maybe a few asc1's came from the factory with problems and some did not.

If you think that the unit is defective, PLEASE send it in for testing!

I have previously offered you to send the unit in for testing. If defective, I will repair or replace at no charge. I also have offered you a full refund. I love helping people who want to be helped! :D What can I do for you?

I think T-racer,retired his asc1,they didn"t play nice with his system either,as far as I know.And he does not have an ajak system.I"m wondering if maybe a few asc1's came from the factory with problems and some did not.
Maybe truck racer in west virgina will sound off and let us know what kind of issues he had before he put his into retirement????

Reactions: Titanium

I have previously offered you to send the unit in for testing. If defective, I will repair or replace at no charge. I also have offered you a full refund. I love helping people who want to be helped! :D What can I do for you?

Thanks titanium,you have been gracious on all of this.I think at this point I'm at the point of sending it in and see if you find something.I'd like to hear from truck racer and see what issues he's having.Other than you testing,I think your trying your best and appreciate your help,hopefully will get this rectified.Thanks for your response.

I'd REALLY like to see what lowering the motor voltage to the Ajak from the ASC1 does... Help, no difference, or hurt...

As a last resort, anybody up for building a Faraday Cage around the Ajak motor?

Come to think of it Brian,I think reading a past post, Paraclipse said he was having the same problem as me,and I don't think he has an ajak.I'm gonna contact him and see what he has going with his asc1.

:facepalm

Seriously... nothing has been done to your system since starting this thread. Several great untried suggestions that could be a solution. Please try the modifications posted in this thread to address the noise in your system, load the latest firmware, or maybe send the unit in for testing?

Reactions: KE4EST
pdiddy: Your ASC-1 is obviously not doing you any good the way things sit right now. Box that thing up and send it to Brian for testing. :) Better than it sitting there doing nothing. ;)
Doing so will get you better results then sitting in front of your computer wondering. I have known Brian for a long time and I can assure you he will himself personally for real put that thing through hours and
days of testing if he has to.

First of all I have not been just sitting in front of the computer I have tried every thing that has been posted about this issue to no avail. And I would like to say I have no doubts of Brian's integrity while watching other post it seems this issue happens with other systems as well not exclusive to Ajaxs. I will put the V box back into service and send in the ASC1. It some work properly and some do not I probably just got a defective one no biggie.

Sorry if you took me wrong I believe you have been trying things, I just meant, you keep going in circles about it. If the ASC-1 is at fault Brian will man up and say that it was the problem. I was saying since it is not working properly still, send it in and let him have a look. That way we all will no for sure on that part of the equation. :) I wish I had an Ajak for more reasons than the ASC-1, but if I did I would be out helping. I love solving puzzles like this. :)

Could register to another party and simply deny it is happening... :lalala Time to take this to the Pit! http://www.satelliteguys.us/pit-entry.htm

:backontopic

I have tried every thing that has been posted about this issue to no avail.
Magic Static says that none of these mods have been tried on your AJAK. Which is it?

Interesting TI circuit. Any input on how this might be different or compare to Ponny's product in isolating the motor noise?

Interesting TI circuit. Any input on how this might be different or compare to Ponny's product in isolating the motor noise?

with a schmitt trigger you can put the ugliest wave with all kinds of harmonics and junk in, and get nice square wave out.
scroll down to page 4 and check out the part under conclusion.
but i would have bet good money Ponny's circuit would have worked.

here's a wild thought, what if the noise is coming from somewhere else altogether?
say maybe an electric fence, bug zapper, ozone air filter thing, ham transmitter nearby, or some other source?
maybe its coming in on the mains or even the ground?
i have done a couple directv installs where things like this have interfered.
1 system would not work if it was grounded (the house ground had voltage on it)
another would macro block with every pop of their electric fence.

btw, capacitors and inductors (such as the motor) make tuned circuits which could be a possible problem, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LC_circuit

anyway i would still try putting a small capacitor parallel with the reed switch
maybe .1uf or even up to .47uf if it doesn't cause problems
and id try a 4.7k resistor in series between the capacitor and the asc1
(random guess, i am unfortunately unfamiliar with insidy parts of the asc1 ;) so i am not sure how sensitive it is)
bigger is better here till it gets to big and kills your pulses along with the noise

i wish i had one here to play with, i could figure out the best resistor and capacitor sizes that way and just post exact figures, but i'm stuck paying for a stinkin divorce that i didnt ask for in the first place so it will be a little while till i get back to the point where i can buy a few toys again...:mad:
ok, rant over, lol;)

:pokebtw, if someone happens to have one of the first models that Brian replaced and would like to donate it to the cause, (read "me" here, lol);) i would be more than happy to figure out just what it would take.
ok, shameless plug over, lol:biggrin2

anyway, for reference, bigger capacitor and bigger resistor = lower cutoff frequency.

i would try making the resistor bigger till it started hurting your counts, then back it off a couple sizes down.

btw, Magic, is this one of the ajak motors that you put 2 reed switches in?

anyway, dang, i'm tired of typing, i feel like i wrote a book!!:coco
hope there’s at least some helpful info in that mess somewhere:eeek:confused:;)

Reactions: Titanium and KE4EST
Hello

the pulse converter comes in addition to between + 5V and ground a ceramic capacitor of 100 nF to block off the 5V.

I'm about 50 times the position-0633 75° E ABS1 to + 0273 7° driven W NILSAT 201 without error. The counter excessive agreed 100%.

Ponny

Attachments

• 100nF.jpg
    100nF.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 155
Hallo

Ich hatte immer noch einen Filter für die Motorkabel an die 100-nF-Kondensator. Ob dies notwendig ist, sollte sogar extra getestet werden.

Es ist jetzt ein Vergnügen in der Verwendung des ASC-1 ein.

Ponny

English Translate:

Hi there

I still had a filter for the motor cable to the 100 nF capacitor. Whether this is necessary, it should even be specially tested.

It is now a pleasure to use the ASC-1.

Pony

Attachments

• Filter.jpg
    Filter.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 133
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts