sent me wrong s-2 kit!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
That s-2 kit I bought from ebay is the wrong board.
I looked at pics of the "Fish network" s-2 board that the hacker sell on ebay.
It has only one RF port instead of two.

The true FTA board from pansat has two RF connectors.

!@@$%^&%**%@!!!........I contacted the seller "Tvtoyz" on ebay for a return.

I wanted the true FTA s-2 kit for my pansat 9200HD.:mad::mad:

You know.....Its just another reason to hate what the hackers do. If they didn't do this crap, those bogus boards wouldn't be floating around for people who sell them that don't know the difference to pass along to people like us claiming their products are something they are NOT.

Remember anytime you buy from EBay it's like buying a pig in a poke! Hopefully you can get it corrected without losing to much money.

That really sucks, I hope you can get your loot back. So many of those sellers (and the general public) think "True FTA" = signal theft....or they just don't care. :(

Ever notice how some EBay seller will really stick you on the shipping and handling charges..that's where most make their money.
All I can say is dog him until he coughs it up.....Good Luck

I agree on the elevated shipping charges, I don't even read any further once I notice that. I figure it they can't be honest with the shipping, they won't be honest with the product they are selling. Hope you get your money back:up

Man.. you know what I was going to ask you if you was sure you had the legit board, I figured you did, I should have said something, anyways I hope all works out.

Talked with a guy @ TVtoys.com just now. He was not overly friendly and said he would e-mail an RMA number. He said he had the "c-band compatible board". In other works the "Non-signal theft board".

He said he would exhange it.

Its all a big hassle. They guy has already received my board back with the rma number.
Have not heard anything yet. No emails or tracking numbers. I may be getting screwed.
I gave him negative feedback on ebay. Mainly for having the signal theft boards to begin with.

This world has gone to the dogs :( I like getting a product in hand when I put out the cash. I will spend extra to deal with a well known reputable company. Heck when I ordered my 4dtv I ordered it from Skyvision although NPS had it cheaper. At the time I heard some bad press about NPS selling refurbs, I went with Skyvision. When I put up my primestar dish I needed a mount and there was one on Flea Bay. I didn't trust e-bay instead I contacted Mike Kohl and bought one from him. I may be too careful but I work had for my money and don't like getting burned as in the past years ago. Seems like whenever I try to save a buck I get burned.

Thats good he is going to honour your deal, too bad it takes something like this to get people to do the decent thing. I guess some people just don't know any better and need to be dragged out in the open. BTW, I've been burned by a member here also but it was on another forum in their classifieds....they know who they are.:rolleyes:

New update on my dillema:

TVtoyz.com sent me an email saying they have not received my package and need a tracking number. I just sent them a tracking number from the receipt. I know they got the package monday priority mail.

The guy assured me that he had the "legit board".
I should have known after I got on his site when he is selling fta receivers and dish 500 dishes. ( I didn't know since I bought this from his ebay site).

I told him to send me a legit board or refund the money.

DON'T ANYBODY EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM www.tvtoyz.com

truckracer, that sucks man. I've dealt with tv-toyz on ebay several times since they are relatively close to me. They always seemed to do pretty good by me. however, I won't be buying from them again, as I don't want to be associated with hackers... and I don't wanna support someone who would treat his customers so poorly. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Hopefully he will come clean and do right by you.

Open question.....Is it possible to open a thread and post the good and bad dealings that members have had?

I was working on that and will move some of these posts tonite to that thread ;)

(work computer I am limited on what I can do)

UPDATE On my delima:

Now as it stands the guy at tvtoyz would not respond to emails or communication.
I filed a complaint with paypal. He sent me an email today:

Email message:

cancel this complain or i will send your name and address to the FBI and dish network fraud department and tell them what you are using the FTA receiver for

service@paypal.com wrote:
Dear wisam ibrahim,

dion adkins has opened a dispute for the payment made on Jul 8, 2008
indicating that the item they received did not match the original
description.

dion adkins has requested a $139.00 USD refund.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Buyer's Name: dion adkins
Buyer's Email:
Buyer's Transaction ID: 37R07248PT126342A

Transaction Date: Jul 8, 2008
Transaction Amount: -$139.99 USD
Your Transaction ID: 7RV46143E0215952L
Case Number: PP-517-144-842

Refund Amount: $139.00 USD
Seller's Transaction ID: 7RV46143E0215952L

Your Transaction ID:7RV46143E0215952L
Buyer's Transaction ID:37R07248PT126342A
Disputed Amount:-$139.99 USD
- The disputed amount has been temporarily deducted from your account until
the dispute is resolved.

By opening this dispute, dion adkins is asking for your help to resolve
this issue. This is your best opportunity to resolve this problem before
the buyer escalates it to a PayPal claim or files a chargeback with their
card issuer.

What To Do Next

Most of the time, disputes can be resolved quickly and amicably when you
communicate with the buyer in the Resolution Center. There, you'll be able
to review the dispute details, post messages back and forth with the buyer,
or ask PayPal to decide the case by escalating this dispute to a claim. -
- Click the Resolution Center tab
- Review the dispute details

To learn more about PayPal's dispute resolution process, log in to your
account and click the Tutorials link on the Resolution Center tab.

Time frame

dion adkins can escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim at any time until
Aug 14, 2008. On that date, this dispute will automatically close.

We encourage you to respond to the buyer as soon as possible. A buyer who
feels that you are working with them to resolve a problem is less likely to
escalate a dispute to a claim.

Thank you,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

----------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Email ID PP902

Please Maintain This Email Chain By Using REPLY For Faster Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now HE is calling me a signal theif. I WAS the one who was complaining the board he sent ME was a board used to steal dish. I WANT the legit 8psk board for the pansat manufactured by pansat.

I'd invite him to go ahead. #1, the FBI couldn't give a rat's patootie about signal theft, as signal theft is generally prosecuted on a civil level. #2, contacting dish network would expose that he knows he's selling equipment to illegally intercept their signals. He has a lot more to lose than someone who has indicated that he wants a legit board and not the illegal one.

Then turn him in to eBay and PayPal for his illegal sales and threats. Follow up with a complaint to dishnetwork yourself. Might as well enjoy the pain he's going to get out of taking your money.

If you look on his website, you will see he sells "dish 500" and "dish 1000" dish antennas.
What other reason would this guy be selling "dish" satellite antennas along side fta boxes.

I am NOT the one with the problem here.....HE is. I wanted a Pansat 9200HD 8psk tuner board that would receive the equity channels that are real free to air.

Ebay is covered with those illegal "Illuminatti boards" and all that other junk.

I was probably the only customer he has ever had that wanted legitimate hardware.
I hope Iceberg gets to see this one.

years of experience

I've talked to two detectives in two local cities about some financial fraud a few years ago.
They couldn't be less interested, and recommended civil lawsuit instead.

I also tried reaching someone in the DA's office about some international credit card fraud, as well as a "friend" who worked in the courts.
This was a totally different case.
These guys couldn't be bothered - you'd think by inquiring, I was breaking the law!

Once, a company wasn't going to pay my consulting fees.
I got hold of my lawyer, and when they offered to pay half, he suggested I take it and shut up.
The company was on the rocks, and half with no lawyer fee's was the best way out.

So, . . . if you get your board, be happy.
Forget about retribution. It's a dead-end street.
All this chest thumping won't help.
He's not going to report $h|+, and I don't think you'll get any satisfaction going that way, either.
It'll just bring you to the attention of people who like to be litigious.
That's never a good plan.

I don't understand why the guy just don't graciously want to send me a legit board?
Its real simple......send me Pansat board and we both will be happy. He can get his money and I can have an authentic pansat board made for my receiver.

He thought threatening me would make me fold giving him a free 143.00!! I fight till hell freezes over before someone is going to chunk me for 143.00 dollars.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts