Servo Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Hey guys ... I hooked my servo up this weekend from my corotor 2 plus to my pansat 2700A , And I cant seem to get more than 30% on cband reception (i've tried adjusting the skew) and my ku band is really low too.... ALso i cant get it to flip to Horizontal signals? Am i doing something wrong here. I think it's hooked up properly cause when i'm getting 30% and remove the servo cables from the receiver it seems to drop all quality.

it sounds like the servo is not working. Also, you may not have the initial feedhorn skew set properly. You should see your sq levels change as you are playing with the polarotor skew with the pansat.

slimmswitch said:
How do i know what the intial feedhorn skew is.

First , the polorotor , red = 5 VDC , white pulse , black ground .

Set it ro a transponder you get some quality on , set the Pansat menue to = 45 or - 45 , which ever comes closer to working correctly .

Now physicallly rotate the feedhorn untell you tweek quality . Next , do the same for a transponder of oppsite polarity ( the skew number should be set opposite too ) .

Chaparell instructions indicate initially positioning the polarotor at 13:30 position .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.