setting up dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdjuan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
i need some help on how to align the dish.
what satellite should i focus on
i have a ZGemma H7 UHD4k reciever, c/ku band lnbf
iam in hopkinsville, ky 42240
needing the elevation settings and all.
thanks.

Dishpointer should give you the quickest results as it figures pretty much everything for you based on visual map location. The current magnetic declination is figured in if you're not into old school compass calibration.

You didn't offer what kind of dish and mount you're using and that may have some bearing on the process.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
Dishpointer should give you the quickest results as it figures pretty much everything for you based on visual map location. The current magnetic declination is figured in if you're not into old school compass calibration.

You didn't offer what kind of dish and mount you're using and that may have some bearing on the process.

Since he mentioned C/Ku Band LNBF, it was "assumed" it is a Cband dish. ;)

so could some one list the steps on how to align dish.
my location is hopkinsville ky 42240

For 36.85N, -/-87.49E
Modified motor elevation angle = 52.52*
Modified declination offset angle = 5.25*
And total due south elevation angle = 47.26*
(all calculated for spherical earth, with 'mean' earth radius, so I could be a few hundredths of degrees off.)

All the steps are linked in the posts above.

greetz,
A33

Well, I hope kdjuan will describe more of his dish, and his specific questions/challenges.

He wrote a PM to me with basically the same question(s) as above.
My reply to him (last saturday) was this:

a33 said:
As you started a 'public' thread with this question, please continue there!

All those who read it and participated in the thread, are entitled to folow the procedings. That's the whole idea of a 'forum', developed in ancient times: all can participate.

A little advice: be more specific on what part you need info/advice. In the links provided in the answers to your thread is a lot of info already. It is totally unclear to me (and I guess to others) why the provided info isn't enough for you.

A33

Unless a topic is somehow corrupted, I do believe that continuing a topic in PM is not congruent to the principles of a forum. And, by the way, I believe that the combined knowledge of all is far better than my knowledge. And that all, that followed the topic till now, may share in the procedings and results.

So I also hope that this topic is not continued by one or more PMconversations, leaving other members out.

And I hope, to complete the circle, that kdjuan will now describe more of his dish, and his specific questions/challenges.

Greetz,
A33

Hello all. I have made some progress. but iam still having issues. iam able to receive programming on galaxy 15(133) galaxy14 (125) galaxy18 (121) and eullsat17 (117). but iam not able to receive of the other satellites. i had a buddy helping me and he did a factory reset on my receiver(wrong move), i lost all of my settings for my reciever. anyone know how to flash and what file i need to restore my ZGemma H7 UHD4k reciever back. Thanks.

Hello all. I have made some progress. but iam still having issues. iam able to receive programming on galaxy 15(133) galaxy14 (125) galaxy18 (121) and eullsat17 (117). but iam not able to receive of the other satellites. i had a buddy helping me and he did a factory reset on my receiver(wrong move), i lost all of my settings for my reciever. anyone know how to flash and what file i need to restore my ZGemma H7 UHD4k reciever back. Thanks.
Unless you made a backup to restore the settings the only thing you can do is just re-enter the lnd settings in tuner configuration menu.
Reflashing is not going to do it. Factory reset only deletes the settings. The image in flash is the same as what was already there.

You may need a satellite / transponder list. Unfortunately, that receiver is not capable of hardware blindscans and it must have preprogrammed transponders in order to scan.

Most E2 OS builds have an app to build a customized satellite / TP list and install. Not sure if the US/Canada units are shipped with this feature.

If your firmware does not have this feature, Call or email your reseller for support. They probably have a copy of the list that ships with the unit or find a E2 file online that you like and install.

Reactions: raydio
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)