SG6100 DiSEqC Monster Motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bump.....

Well? Anyone have testing results?

Have a few customers needing motor recommendations and not many choices out there right now. :cool:

Wish I could say yes, but I have yet to receive my test unit yet...:rolleyes:

Bump...Bump... Bump... :popcorn

Anyone testing or willing to post a review? Silence is not boding well...

Good hardware? Thick metal bracket? Accurate repeatable aiming? Reset switch? Benefits to having the LCD?

Reset switch?
Does not have a reset switch but has two ways to reset.

I think its better then my old SG-2100. I'll post more when I get home.

Harware Reset by Receiver

1. Execute the command: Go To Reference (Go to "0")
  2. Cut off the power by disconnecting the coaxial cable
  3. Reconnect the coaxial cable
  4. Execute the command: Shift "0"
  5. The memory is erased, the receiver rewrites the satellite table to factory default and corrects the "0"

Hardware Reset by DiSEqC Motor

1. Cut off the power by disconnecting the coaxial cable
  2. Press and hold both EAST and WEST buttons for 5 seconds
  4. Red LED blinks 4 times
  5. Memory is erased, the receiver rewrites the satellite table to factory default and corrects the "0"

The bracket is better. Pic of 2100 then 6100.

Once I find the other tool box I will post the thickest of each bracket.

Attachments

• image-3236162675.jpg
    image-3236162675.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 208
  • image-243845935.jpg
    image-243845935.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 200
  • image-2122630162.jpg
    image-2122630162.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 219
DMS SG6100 Monster Motor

I installed this motor about two weeks ago. It is the first and only motor I ever installed. I found the LED angle readout helpful. While looking for satellites, I would read it to make sure I wasn't turning too far. The latitude scale is not accurate. It was off at least 5 degrees, so use an angle finder instead of the motor latitude scale. The motor has a little button to go east and a button to go west. You have to know how to set this up to find and track satellites, the directions that came with the motor will not help you with that. It turns faster using a Horizontal Polarization channel because of the higher voltage. I always use a Horizontal channel when changing satellites. I lost a couple satellite positions in the beginning and had to re-do them. It might have been my fault, I don't know. It has been working well since then, no problems. I have a 90 cm antenna. I have a Manhattan RS 1933 receiver. I tried the usals function, and it didn't seem to work well. I prefer the diseqc 1.2 where you manually set each satellite position. I have it tracking from 72 west to 125 west which is a compass azimuth movement of 76.57 degrees . The specifications say it should be able to move 80 degrees west and 80 degrees east. It has a 42 mm shaft for mounting the antenna and 35 degree crank angle. The motor has been working well.

Harware Reset by Receiver
  1. Execute the command: Go To Reference (Go to "0")
  2. Cut off the power by disconnecting the coaxial cable
  4. Execute the command: Shift "0"
  5. The memory is erased, the receiver rewrites the satellite table to factory default and corrects the "0"

Don't understand this reset procedure. What is Shift "0" on a receiver?

SatelliteAV said:
Don't understand this reset procedure. What is Shift "0" on a receiver?

That makes two of us. :)

That did make an idea come to mine. It would be cool to allow people to manually enter DiSEqC commands into an STB and hit enter/return and see what broke and what it did after entry.

Could it be turning power switch on while holding the ZERO key on remote? That Shift (0) puzzle has bothered me for a long time now!

Have one of these SG6100 and have had a lot of problems with it. (1) First thing I ran into is that the manual East and West buttons do not work all the time. I push one of these buttons and the led readout goes off and the motor does not run. But if I disconnect the LNB it runs just fine. Resetting by receiver or the motor it's self does nothing for this problem. So I just turn it off for a day and sometimes it will work again and sometimes it does not. I play around with it disconnecting the LNB, the power and it will work again.
(2) Now I have lost all signals on all satellites. I go to my motor and try running it manually to the west, ok move to the East and it stops at 38 degrees west and will not go to 0. My limits are disabled and I am trying to find out what may have gone wrong. Has anyone had the same problems? If so what the heck is going on here. Possibly I have a defective motor. Wish I knew how to fix this problem.

I push one of these buttons and the led readout goes off and the motor does not run.
A possible 'cause' of this symptom is high series resistance. There's sufficient voltage until there's a demand for more current. Removing the LNBF from the mix may reduce the current just enough to allow it to move some. Corroded connector or a supply defect in the receiver???

How long is your coax run? Check all connections to make sure there is no corrosion.

My SG6100 had issue an issue where the lcd count went blank and it would run all the way to the limit without stopping - a run away. I ended up taking it apart and there was a ton of grease in it, it had built up on the middle microswitch and it was sticking the button in. I cleaned the grease off the switch and pushed it in and out until it quit sticking and been running great ever since. Something similar might be going on in your case. Maybe lack luster quality control but once its working right it's a great motor. Even in the frigid weather we are having its been moving the 1M channel master like a trooper. yeah.... I void warranties!

Plastic gears.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SG6100-Mons...Eqc-Motor-Heavy-Duty-High-Speed-/271268110471

SG6100 DiSEqC Monster MotorFEATURES:

• 30% Faster than the SG2100
  • 25% Stronger than the SG2100
  • Fits all popular dish with 42mm tube, including Winegard
  • Special Design for any Receiver with DiSEqC 1.2
  • DiSEqC 1.3 / Go to X Functions Compatible
  • GoTo '0' Function
  • Only One Coaxial Cable Control
  • High Efficiency
  • Compact Structure
  • Ultra Low Noise
  • Zero Backlash Design
  • Easy Installation with LED readout on motor
  • New SMART Software for high resolution positioning
  • Manual EAST / WEST buttons
  • Antenna Anti-Skid Design
  • For Dish up to 1.4M
  • Main gear is high tech engineering nylon Plastic vs Steel gears

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts