Shocking News: McGwire Admits Using Steroids!!!!

OF COURSE he had to come clean....he is the new hitting coach for the Cardinals. He HAD to do because the media would have hounded him until he cracked. Give up the info now, come when spring training starts...it will be an after thought.

Does this mean he'll be indicted for lying to the Grand Jury under oath?

think the statue of limitations has expired....so probably not.

you know he admitted years ago that he regularly took andro before it became a banned substance in mlb.

I wonder what all the people who defended these guys will say now. Remember all the ridiculous things they'd say like "they've never been proven to be on steroids", or " there's no evidence it makes you a better ballplayer". Well, now we have proof. So I guess it's just a coincendence that McGwire hit 70 HR's in one season. :rolleyes:

Big muscles can turn a pop-up into a home run. It's a matter of scale.

They help you hit the ball too then?

It's like being smart, if you don't know how to apply that talent it means diddly squat.

Stephen Hawking could be the smartest drooling guy on the planet if he thought space was boring and instead applied his genius to just staring at a blank wall and call it 'analyzing potential'. Though he's so smart that he'd find something revolutionary there anyways too.

McGuire was a baseball player, taking steroids made him a better one statistically, it didn't turn him into a baseball player.

Lets give JaMarcus Russel some steroids, see how well he plays QB then.

They help you hit the ball too then?

It's like being smart, if you don't know how to apply that talent it means diddly squat.

Stephen Hawking could be the smartest drooling guy on the planet if he thought space was boring and instead applied his genius to just staring at a blank wall and call it 'analyzing potential'. Though he's so smart that he'd find something revolutionary there anyways too.

McGuire was a baseball player, taking steroids made him a better one statistically, it didn't turn him into a baseball player.

Lets give JaMarcus Russel some steroids, see how well he plays QB then.
Are you being intentionally stupid. A pop-up hit harder goes higher and farther. It's not hit better, just harder.

"Big muscles can turn a pop-up into a home run. It's a matter of scale." and "it doesn't make you a better ballplayer" are not the same thing, and is where I disagree.

Try discussing it and cut the insults, thanks.

If you can't hit the ball, steroids don't make you a better player.

Goes hand in hand with 'if you dont drop the hammer on users, you don't have a credible sport'

McGwire Admits Using Steroids!!!!

I hope so!!

If we're paying these guys, through our tickets, and product costs, M$ I expect they are professional and committed enough to do everything possible to perform at the expected extreme level. Whatever it takes.

Some need it and some don't. It's their body and their choice. We're fortunate to get to sit on the sidelines and enjoy the benefits. All's fair in competition (within the structure of a game's play rules.)

My children can appreciate the artistry of Mozart and the wonder of his work but at the same time the person is someone I pray they never become.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)