Should Not Be A Dumb Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Ok looking in the specs of my owners manual from my Pansat 9500HDX I see that under LNB Power it says 14V/19V (400mA Max) Now looking at the specs of my DMS SG-2100 HH motor it says 350mA Max draw. Now connected to the output of my 2100 I have a Avenger PLL that draws 165mA. If I do the math here on long arc swings I could be pulling 515mA out of the receiver putting out 400mA Max correct? My 2100 is a few years old now and traveled many, many times across the arc which could be drawing the max. My problem is I'm blowing LNBF's ounce and a while when moving the dish.

Max current spec of the motor is probably with the recommended dish, and moving it off of the end of the arc. Thru the middle of the arc the current draw is probably a lot less. My BUD, 'off the end' will draw about 2 amps then settle down to under an amp up ~4 satellites from the end.
I'd be making sure I'd only be moving the dish with horizontal polarity selected. Motors draw more current, trying to produce the same power, when the voltage is lowered.
Build a 'break out box' to put an ammeter inline with the motor to see it in actuality??
But if your loosing LNBF's regularly think I'd be looking at externally powering the motor.

That's where I'm going, but not sure I can get USUALS or Diseqc commands to pass through dc voltage passing splitters. Got a 21V power supply to run the motor, now getting a 2-port power passing splitter to try and get the commands to go through on into the HH motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)