Signal Amplification

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

illenema

Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
Nevada
I am running a clear stream 2 outdoor antenna. Its connected to the DTVpal DVD.
I want to hook up a second converter to the antenna I think I wont have enough oomph to do it. Whats a good ampifier to use to split the signal and ampifiy. Looks like they are +15db The clear stream has a matching unit for the antenna but its 100$

Winegard HDP-269 should work.

Check to make sure you don't have any FM stations or TV stations within 5 miles - possible overloads with pre-amps.

Last edited:
I'd suggest that before you go out and blow dozens of dollars you see how it goes. What does the DTVPal report your signal strengths to be now?

I'd suggest that before you go out and blow dozens of dollars you see how it goes. What does the DTVPal report your signal strengths to be now?

Yes this might be a problem as lowest channel is about 58 highest 90. Also within 2 miles of a tv station.
The lowest channel just barley comes in at times. I should pry try additional hight on the antenna?

Try it first, before you spend money on something you don't actually need. Winegard and Channel Master each make excellent preamps.

Two miles is awfully close to have to worry about anything but multipath.

An amplifier might make it worse.

Do not assume that you're going to have a problem.

They are right. You probably just need to realign your antenna. If you feel you need a booster, and you just may, I suggest this:

Signal Booster Store | Products | Motorola Cable TV Amplifers

Shop around for the best prices tho. I use the EXACT same thing but it is labeled as NexxTech. I got a rare deal. Brand new it was $7 shipped. You can find them time to time for $20. I am also 35+ miles from the towers though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)