Signal Loss on Satellite Input 2???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

diitto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hi, I was told the HR20's I had that were stored in my attic (DTV did not want them back three years ago when we switched to Genie) were SWM compatible so if I could get DTV to reactivate them I should be able to replace my dead HR34 Genie with one of these older HR20's, at least to get that TV up and running. DTV DID reactivate them for me and now I am trying to get one to start. I only have a signal in Sat 1 as this is a SWM setup. And surely these HR20's could run with just a single cable on Sat 1. But it was 75% along the way of loading the Sat data when it said "771-Signal loss on Satellite In 2. Press SELECT for options" and none of those options are useful. Why does it need a signal on Sat 2??? I used to run these two input DVR's with only one input if I recall. And the HR22 we have up and running (it was the 3rd TV setup along with the now broken HR34 Genie and its Genie Mini in another room) has been running fine for 3 years with only a single SWM input.

Any help??? thanks...

As I remember the HR20 won't detect SWM, you have to go through sat setip and tell it it is connected to an SWM LNB.

Reactions: Jimbo and harshness
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)