Signal Meters - New HD Content

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbd24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
What should 103 b read as far as signal strength is concerned ? When the new HD channels hit, all I got was searching for satellite signal on some of them. Some came in , some didn't. Now, I get most of them except for a starz Hd channel and Animal Planet. Looking at the signal meter, it is reading 70 for 103 b and 90 + on all the others ( except 103a of course ). So I assume I need a readjustment.

What should be a standard strength for 103 b ? Obviously, you want the highest, but what should it at least be at ?

I keep trying to re-adjust it and I can't get it past 70.

A reading in the 70s for 103(b) will work fine but most slimline dishes can be fine adjusted for the 90s.

Below 65 you will get drop out and glitches.

Matt

Many users report their dishes peak to the 90s. In Southern California/Nevada and possibly other areas they peak to the 80s.

Are you readings taken during a clear sunny day? On a cloudy or rainy day they will be lower.

I'm in Northern California and my readings were taken on a clear day. When the channels first hit, it was reading in the 25's . So I readjusted it up to 70, but that was as far as it would go for me.

As of now, I still don't get one of the starz channels hd and AP hd.

I'm in Northern California and my readings were taken on a clear day. When the channels first hit, it was reading in the 25's . So I readjusted it up to 70, but that was as far as it would go for me.

As of now, I still don't get one of the starz channels hd and AP hd.

It sounds like your tilt is off. Something definitely is. You should have D* come back out and realign the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)