HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO ANNOUNCES NEW CHANNEL LINEUP
EFFECTIVE TUESDAY, MARCH 14
FOX News/Talk, Blue Collar Comedy, Cosmo Radio and Playboy channels
to launch; SIRIUS Trucking to get new name
NEW YORK – March 9, 2006 – SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) will adjust its channel lineup to reflect improvements to its program offerings, which will become effective at 5 am ET on Tuesday, March 14.

“SIRIUS, which has the best programming in all of radio, is committed to constantly improving its programming offerings in a cost-effective way,” said Scott Greenstein, President of Entertainment and Sports. “With these new channels, SIRIUS enhances our listeners’ choices.”

SIRIUS has augmented its programming for women with the addition of the Martha Stewart Living Radio channel, and a recently-announced four-hour talk show to be hosted by Sex and the City author Candace Bushnell. More innovative programming for women will be provided with the addition of Cosmo Radio (channel 111) on March 14.

For men, another previously-announced new channel, Playboy Radio (channel 198), will be an opt-in SIRIUS offering, at no additional cost.

As previously announced, SIRIUS will reinstate FOX News, to be located at channel 131, and will add Fox News Talk to channel 145. SIRIUS will also launch the new channel Blue Collar Comedy on channel 103. (Descriptions of these new channels follow.)

As part of the channel reset, CNBC (channel 130) will move to channel 129. Bloomberg Radio (channel 131) will move to channel 130. WSM Radio/Grand Ole Opry (channel 111) will move to channel 117. SIRIUS Stars (channel 103) will move to channel 102.

SIRIUS Trucker (channel 147) will be re-named Road Dog Trucking, effective March 14. SIRIUS will announce new programs and hosts for Road Dog Trucking in the near future.

As with all SIRIUS programming information, the new SIRIUS channel lineup will be posted at www.sirius.com.
? ? ?
Blue Collar Comedy (channel 103) –Featuring the Blue Collar Comedy stars Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Bill Engvall, Kathleen Madigan, Lisa Lampanelli and Ralphie May, based on their enormously successful movies, tours, CDs, TV programs and books.

Cosmo Radio (channel 111) – Timely talk shows, topics and music for young women that reflect the fun, fearless content that has marked Cosmopolitan magazine for 40 years.

FOX News Talk (channel 145) – News, analysis and commentary from such popular FOX News personalities as Bill O’Reilly, Tony Snow, John Gibson and Alan Colmes, along with listener calls.

Playboy Radio (channel 198) – A broad range of programming and personalities, including an exciting new morning show and Hugh Hefner himself, from Playboy’s state-of-the-art Los Angeles studio and the Playboy Mansion. SIRIUS subscribers can “opt-in” for the channel via phone or the Internet, or can choose to block the channel through SIRIUS’ parental control system.

# # #
About SIRIUS

SIRIUS delivers more than 125 channels of the best commercial-free music, compelling talk shows, news and information, and the most extensive sports programming to listeners across the country in digital quality sound. SIRIUS offers 68 channels of 100% commercial-free music, and features over 55 channels of sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic and weather for a monthly subscription fee of only $12.95. SIRIUS is the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, NBA and NHL and broadcasts live play-by-play games of the NFL, NBA and NHL.
SIRIUS products for the car, truck, home, RV and boat are distributed by Alpine, Audiovox, Brix Group, Clarion, Delphi, Directed Electronics, Eclipse, Jensen, JVC, Kenwood, Magnadyne, Monster Cable, Pioneer, Russound, Tivoli and XACT Communications. Available in more than 25,000 retail locations, SIRIUS radios can be purchased at major retailers including Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield, Costco, Target, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, RadioShack and at shop.sirius.com.
SIRIUS radios are currently offered in vehicles from Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeepâ, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln-Mercury, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Nissan, Scion, Toyota, Porsche, Volkswagen and Volvo. Hertz currently offers SIRIUS at major locations around the country.

Click on www.sirius.com to listen to SIRIUS live, or to find a SIRIUS retailer or car dealer in your area.

hopefully the playboy channel will be better than it was on xm. they were supposed to re work it. good thing is that we don't have to pay for it.

Awesome additions.... Sirius just keeps bringing it! Leaving XM in the dust.

Even one of my buddys had me bring my Sirius radio on a trip because he wanted to listen to Sirius instead of XM. I should be installing his Sirius radio in a few weeks ;)

It's funny, some people assume that XM and Sirius will eventually merge...no room for both. Sirius drives me nuts, and I'm in love with XM. Sirius fans feel exactly opposite. XM just added two channels I love (one is a clone of the only Sirius channel I like.), and Sirius is touting five channels that sound awful to me. Obviously, they have defined their niches. Which is great...competition is good for all of us. Long live Sirius- I just don't want to listen to it!

BTW, I'm pretty sure Fox Talk is coming to XM too- not that I would ever listen to it.

juan said:
Why is E* dropping 6091(mexicana) if {apparently{ sirius isnt?

Sirius is dropping it. They sent me an email with a link to a website which contained more info on the changes, including what was being dropped and several being moved.

Channels being dropped:
  • Mexicana
  • Sirius Advice
  • Sports play-by-play 2
  • Sirius Right
  • EWTN.

Some of their programming is moving to other stations. More info here: http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1141756801108

Last edited:
sratson said:
Will Dish ever carry the full lineup of sirius stations?

Probably not...too many contract issues with the talk and sports channels, since they are content privided by third parties, like ESPN, FOX, etc. You cant even listen to all of their channels on the internet either.

For those interested in the National Public Radio program World Cafe, it's interesting to note that it will join NPR's "Performance Today" and "SymphonyCast" on the DISH Network Sirius Music lineup.
World Cafe is coming to Sirius Spectrum // 18 // DISH 6018. The program was previously on the soon-to-be-removed Sirius Advice // 117. It will not only have more bandwidth on Spectrum, but will presumably become commercial free (if Sirius is to maintain its claim of 100% commercial-free music).
The two NPR Classical music shows I mentioned are carried on Symphony Hall // 80 // DISH 6080.

I wish DISH would add the Sirius "Made In Canada" range of channels; at least the three music stations that are available to Sirius USA subscribers:
Bandeapart.fm // 93
CBC Radio 3 // 94
Iceberg Radio // 95

Yeah I'd like to hear what Iceberg's radio station sounds like too. Maybe he bwill give us something exclusive sometime :D

Oh you're right the iceberg station is on sirius US also, cool when did that happen?

AFAIK, Iceberg Radio // Sirius 95 has been carried on Sirius US ever since the launch of Sirius CA on 12/1/05.

It would be nice if Sirius US would also add the remaining "Made In Canada" channels (for some reason, only 5 CA channels are on the US service, though Sirius CA subs get all 10).
See all 10: http://siriuscanada.ca/chan_can-e.htm
(Note: Iceberg Radio is described at the bottom. Honestly, it's not my cup of tea (no offense to Iceberg here at SatelliteGuys ;) ). I prefer CBC Radio 3. Also, Bandeapart has a nice program at night that has smooth electronic music.

Well its now 1:22AM ET and no changes. What timezone does Sirius makes changes ET or PT? Still no mention of Playboy on the website either.

103: Blue collar Comedy (still Sirius stars)

198: Playboy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts