Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO TO PROVIDE COMPLETE SIDELINE TO SIDELINE COVERAGE OF SUPER BOWL XL IN DETROIT
SIRIUS to Air Game Broadcasts in 7 Languages
SIRIUS NFL Radio // ch. 124 to broadcast live from Detroit
SIRIUS NFL Radio to stream live free of charge on SuperBowl.com

NEW YORK – January 25, 2006 – SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI), the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, will provide the most comprehensive radio coverage of Super Bowl XL, with multiple live game broadcasts, live day-long news and analysis every day of Super Bowl Week.

On Super Bowl Sunday, February 5, SIRIUS will air an expanded lineup of live play-by-play broadcasts of Super Bowl XL to its growing nationwide subscriber base, which has tripled since last year’s Super Bowl. SIRIUS will offer 11 different game calls in seven languages, including both teams’ local radio broadcasts and the national Westwood One/CBS Radio Sports broadcast. SIRIUS subscribers can choose from:

· Pittsburgh Steelers team broadcast - channel 125
· Seattle Seahawks team broadcast - channel 123
· Westwood One/CBS Radio Sports broadcast - channel 124
· BBC Radio broadcast (UK) - channel 126
· Westwood One Spanish broadcast (Spanish-Latin America) - channel 181
· Canal + Spain broadcast (Spanish-Spain) - channel 131
· NTV + Russia broadcast (Russian) - channel 147
· BeTV broadcast (French) - channel 143
· SMG broadcast (Mandarin Chinese) - channel 110
· TV 2 Denmark broadcast (Danish) - channel 117
· NTV Japan broadcast (Japanese) - channel 107

From Monday, January 30 through Super Bowl Sunday, SIRIUS NFL Radio // ch. 124, SIRIUS’ 24/7 year-round NFL talk radio channel, will broadcast live from Detroit and will be streamed live and free of charge on the NFL’s official game site www.superbowl.com.

Throughout the week, SIRIUS NFL Radio’s coverage will also include up-to-the-minute news, interviews, live press conferences, and analysis from SIRIUS NFL Radio’s lineup of NFL experts, which includes John Riggins, John Madden, Cris Carter, Shannon Sharpe, Carl Banks, Randy Cross, Gil Brandt, Tiki and Ronde Barber, Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan, Adam Schein, Bob Papa and Steve Cohen. On Media Day, Tuesday, Jan. 31, SIRIUS NFL Radio will broadcast live from Ford Field with interviews with the players and coaches who will take part in this year’s Super Bowl.

SIRIUS NFL Radio Daily Schedule:

Every Weekday
o 8 am – 10 am ET: The Opening Drive with Bob Papa, Gil Brandt, Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan.
o 10 am – 1 pm ET: Movin’ The Chains with Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan, Shannon Sharpe and Bob Papa.
o 1 pm – 3 pm ET: The Red Zone with Steve Cohen, Cris Carter and Gil Brandt.
o 3 pm – 7 pm ET: The Afternoon Blitz with Adam Schein and John Riggins.
o 7 pm – 8 pm ET: NFL Network’s Total Access. The latest league news, direct from the NFL.

Tuesday
o 7 pm – 8 pm ET: Ronde and Tiki’s Barber Shop hosted by Ronde Barber, Tiki Barber and Adam Schein. (From New York studios)

Saturday
o 8 am – 11 am ET: The Weekend Kickoff with Paul Allen and Jeff Dubay.
o 11 am – 2 pm ET: Press Coverage with Vic Carucci and Dan Leberfeld.
o 2 pm – 6 pm ET: The End Zone with Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan.
o 6 pm – 8 pm ET: Chalk Talk. The best interviews and commentary from the previous week on SIRIUS NFL Radio.

Super Bowl Sunday
o 9 am – noon ET: The SIRIUS Tailgate Show with Adam Schein, John Madden, Archie Manning, Gil Brandt and Steve Cohen.
o Noon – 3 pm ET: The End Zone with Randy Cross and Bryan McGovern.
o 3 pm ET: Westwood One/CBS Radio Sports Super Bowl XL coverage.
o Postgame coverage live from Ford Field with Steve Cohen and Pat Kirwan.

SIRIUS listeners in the Detroit area during Super Bowl Week can also monitor traffic conditions by tuning in to SIRIUS First Traffic and Weather for Detroit on channel 155.

As the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, SIRIUS broadcasts live nationwide every pre-, regular, and post-season game of the NFL season, plus the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Listeners can hear Westwood One/CBS Radio Sports’ broadcasts and Spanish-language broadcasts for select games. Fans can also tune into SIRIUS NFL Radio, channel 124, for the only 24/7/365 radio channel dedicated entirely to pro football talk.

In addition to being the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, NBA, NHL, Wimbledon Championships and Barclays English Premier League soccer, SIRIUS broadcasts play-by-play for more than 150 colleges, including the entire NCAA® Division I Men’s Basketball Championship (March 14 – April 3, 2006), plus several of the year’s top thoroughbred horse races. Starting in 2007, SIRIUS will be the official satellite radio home of NASCAR.
###

what would be cool and this is never going to happen is if you could listen to what the coaches are saying in the headsets and to the QB. They should do that once for the pro bowl.

No German broadcast! That's the only one I would have sampled since I know some German. A pretty impressive lineup nonetheless.

minor that would be a great idea, but only if they had like subtitles or something for the play-calling because none of us would understand that. Make it kind of like that ESPN Sportscenter they did awhile back that showed the behind the scenes on ESPN2. I just thought of something while I was typing, no team would go for that because what would stop the other team from listening in?

Last edited:
cableman265 said:
I just thought of something while I was typing, no team would go for that because what would stop the other team from listening in?
Rules. There are already some rules in place to prevent teams from using certain technology during games, and this would fall in that category.

cableman265 said:
minor that would be a great idea, but only if they had like subtitles or something for the play-calling because none of us would understand that. Make it kind of like that ESPN Sportscenter they did awhile back that showed the behind the scenes on ESPN2. I just thought of something while I was typing, no team would go for that because what would stop the other team from listening in?

yeah thats why I was thinking probowl would be good since the playbooks are pretty generic and they even let the fans pick a play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts