Sirius antenna issue

Arbutis

Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
I have been using sirius for about 8 months. Initially I had trouble acquiring a signal with my antenna placement so I had to buy a 50 ft extension antenna at Radio Shack.
That worked quite well for about 8 months and then one day it stopped working all together. I got the Sanyo receiver from Walmart online and installed everything myself. I called Sirius and they told me to call Sanyo. I called Sanyo and they told me to call Sirius. Now I have no service and no one to call for assistance. So now I am here. Anyone have any suggestions? The receiver just shows "Acquiring Signal" message and nothing else. :no :mad:

Anyway to check the Sanyo with another antenna? Sounds like it might be a bad antenna cable. OR it could be antenna conection on the docking unit went bad OR the Sanyo is not seated all the way in the docking station.

I'm having a similar issue with my car Audiovox PNP2 that is just over 6 months old. There are many times it just loses signal and then I have to press the antenna connector and it will be good for 5 minutes or a few days. Then 3 days ago, we had a fairly hot day and the whole right side of my screen looked black like the LCD was cracked/broken and was unreadable. It took 2 days, but yesterday it was all better and I could read it again.

I'm ready to toss the whole thing out the car window. I've been meaning to call Sirius to see if I could get a different antenna/receiver. I've already given up and started listiening to local radio again. I hope I dont run into *no account* accountability issues too. :(