Sirius data interface

stapuff

Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I've had my audiovox SIRPNP3 sirius unit for about 2 months now and its great. Ive kept finding new applications and ways to hook it up including mounting it to a boombox using the boomboxes power supply (if anybodys interested, i'll post pics/details).

What I want to figure out is how to interface the unit to a computer. Looking inside the docking station for either the home or car kit, there are of course the connectors for the antenna, line out, 12vdc in, and (on the car kit) the fm out port. besides those, there are a few vacant solder pads labeled GND, USB_DE, TX, RX, and BB_DET. These are obviously connections for some data interface, but I cant find any info about it.

Does anybody know anything about the data interface and whether its USB, RS-232, etc.? I want to get some more info about this before I go connecting anything to this.

serial TTL

Welcome Stapuff ..

you need to search on http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/search.php
SiriusBackStage for Jermys posts on interfacing the Audiovox, I think he may
have grabbed the signals from the radio instead of the docking station

my older Audiovo:mad:PNP2) has the signals going to the docking station, not sure
about your model the PNP2 home dock has the board layout for the standard
TTL to USB converter chip like the XMPCR and SkyFi use.. never heard of anybody going the USB route .. most people just grab the TX/RX/GND signals
and feed them them to a MAX232 to convert the TTL to RS232

if you go that route be sure you get the TX/RX from the connector where the
radio plugs into the dock ..

..Dale

cool, so it is TTL. I have a couple of old chips to convert RS232 to TTL and back from my old H emu days ;)

I'll check out jeremy's posts. thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts