Sirius or XM

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I bought a Sirius car receiver unit for my wife as a Christmas present, I have not installed it yet. I didn't do much research, (could be a mistake) so my question is, can I subscibe to XM or do I have to sitck with Sirius since I bought that brand?

You would have to subscribe to Sirius with that unit. No one makes a unit yet that can get both.

Sirius is the better one of the providers based on programming and their growth potential in the next couple of years. Sirius also has the majority of major sporting events minus MLB and NASCAR.

charper1 said:
i have tested both, and i too must agree that sirius is the better choice.

Thanks for the advice. I was at my brother in law's and he had Sirius and I liked the way they had the music sub categories such as three eras of classics rock. I thought I had made the right choice, just needed someone to tell me that I did. Thanks again.

That's what we're here for. :)

If you're a Howard Stern fan he's coming to Sirius in Jan 2006.

Diamond Jim said:
Thanks for the advice. I was at my brother in law's and he had Sirius and I liked the way they had the music sub categories such as three eras of classics rock. I thought I had made the right choice, just needed someone to tell me that I did. Thanks again.

You did!! :D

Bombard away. :)

We all had questions when we first got ours installed.

Do you have any questions now?

I will tell you Sirius is the best $13 I spend every month. I haven't turned back to regular radio since.

Neutron said:
I will tell you Sirius is the best $13 I spend every month. I haven't turned back to regular radio since.

Wait 'til I try to install it. One of the reasons I got the 4DTV was to get the music services, the OTA radio stations in my area are terrible. I also have hooked up with some internet stations that are great. CFMI out of Vancouver, BC is premium classic rock. They were on C band for years then they went internet, I am now listening to them again. You are right, once I got the satellite services I never listen to OTA radio. I am into blues, classic rock, classic country and classical, how do you rate the Sirius services?

I rate them highly!!

You will like Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind, Buzzsaw for your classic rock fix.

I don't listen much to Blues (though I do like Stevie Ray Vaughn) but I know Sirius does have some good Blues channels.

My wife likes the Classical stations. :) Sirius also has a Classic Country channel.

Neutron said:
I don't listen much to Blues (though I do like Stevie Ray Vaughn) but I know Sirius does have some good Blues channels.

Everything comes from the blues. The mystical 3 chords has lead to some of the the greatest rock, country and rock-a-billy ever recorded. Eddie Van Halen once told Billy Gibbons "If you ever find the 4th chord, call me." Eddie is still waiting. :yes Sorry for the guitar jargon, it's in the blood.

Hi guys,

I finally got around to getting my Sirius up and running and I am quite impressed. Rode to work the first morning listening to King Crimson's "In The Court Of The Crimson King." I haven't heard that classic on the radio in 35 years.

My question is, is their anyplace to find their sports broadcast schedules?

Neutron said:
You would have to subscribe to Sirius with that unit. No one makes a unit yet that can get both.

Sirius is the better one of the providers based on programming and their growth potential in the next couple of years. Sirius also has the majority of major sporting events minus MLB and NASCAR.

do you have sirius stock by chance
talk about being biased

Neutron said:

do you have sirius stock by chance

Diamond Jim said:
Hi guys,

I finally got around to getting my Sirius up and running and I am quite impressed. Rode to work the first morning listening to King Crimson's "In The Court Of The Crimson King." I haven't heard that classic on the radio in 35 years.

My question is, is their anyplace to find their sports broadcast schedules?

This LINK
is a sticky in this forum.

I personally prefer XM. I'm not a fan of Stern so that doesn't interest me. The only reason I'd go with Sirius is to get the NFL.

SiouxperDave said:
I'm not a fan of Stern so that doesn't interest me.

I am not either. I checked out Sirius on my brother in laws DISH system and I like the way they have their categories broke down into sub categories such as classic rock into the vault, vinyl and rewind. :yes

Pioneer SIR-PNR 1

SIR-MINI w/ Audiovox SIRCK2 / SIRPNP2 Help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)