Sirius Sporster and Audi A4

porozni

Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
I have a Sirius Sportster and a 2004 Audi A4 that is pre-wired for satellite radio. (SAT button on the radio, wiring harness on the passenger side of the trunk.) Does anyone know of any aftermarket kits or adapters that would allow me to connect the Sportster to the existing wiring and control the unit with the in-dash radio? If not, is there a way to determine which wire in the Audi wiring harness is the car's satellite antenna so I don't have to use antenna from the Sirius car adapter kit, conceal the wiring, etc? Sirius technical support told me Audi sells an adapter kit, my Audi dealer does not know of anything like this.

Thanks!

There is no unit that would let you control the sportster with the factory headunit controls.

I assume you could get a sirius kit from a dealer and have them install it. It would integrate it into your radio and you wouldnt need the sportster however they usually cost anywhere from $400-800 depending on the car/dealer. As far as using the factory antenna with the psortster that I have no clue how you could use it.

Now you could however use one of these http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapters/pie/factory/no-external-changer/aud-aux.html to connect the sportster to the radio then you would not have to use FM mod check the PDF thats on that page to make sure 100% it would work with your headunit.

Last edited:
Thanks

It's probably worth wiring in the sound directly for the better quality and convenience. As far as the antenna, if I knew which wire in the harness was the antenna, I could hook it up by making my own adapter with the correct connectors. But as you said, who knows which wire that is.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)