Sirius Visor..

Dgenx321

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Calcutta, Ohio
Has anybody used one yet. I have XM right now and want to get Howard in a couple weeks.

Any comments on it would be awesome.

Thanks..

Were you just looking for a low cost receiver or was there something about the visor you liked? I would go with something that has a bigger display unless you are really tight on space or something. Here is a review I pulled from amazon on it

Pros:
-Good price.
-Good mounting options. Clips onto your visor or uses powerful suction cups to mount on the windshield like a radar detector. The bracket is adjustable. The display will flip so you can have the unit upside down and still read the display.
-Adequate number of presets. 6 bands, 6 presets each for 36 presets.
-Wheel type knob to change the channel. It is easy to grab the wheel and start spinning--although it is a little slow going through the channels.
-Remote control.

Cons:
-One line display. You take your eyes off the road while waiting for a song title or game score to appear.
-You can't type in a channel number without the remote. Only the wheel works for that on the actual unit. Just like a VCR or TV, I hate it when you have to use the remote only for certain functions. Presets work from both the remote and the unit.
-Button layout on the remote could be easier to use. If they had used a standard telephone button layout for the numbers, it would make for easier typing--especially while driving. The button layout they use makes it a long reach for your thumb to go from one side of the remote to the other.
-No memory.

the visor is made by xact,and it is a very high quality product.it is very compact and easy to use,however i think i like the sirius unit called "sirius one" it is made by a company called directed electronics inc. i like the display on this unit a lot better.
it is also very compact and it has a more durable remote control.
the price is the same,normally around 49.00 dollars some times even a little less.
this is a great entry level receiver for the same price as the visor.

I bought the visor a couple of weeks ago. I really like it. The size is right, and I didn't really care about some of the features it lacks. If your looking for something small, this is the unit for you. I love it mounted to the windshield next to my radar detector.

Dgenx321 said:
I see that they make a home kit for it.
Any of you have that extra feature?

Sams club sells this with the home and car kit for like $80.. I just finished installing mine in my truck.

I have mine in my office hooked into my comp speakers. I am loving it. It also can be hooked into my surround sound in the living room with the audio cable included. It works great indoors. I got mine on sale for 29.99 at sears and the home kit at crutchfield. Works great.

I was curious about Sirius Satellite radio and if I was going to like it. So I picked up the most least expensive receiver (Xact Visor) at best Buy for 46.99 and got a $20 gift card with it. So for I've been extremely happy with it and Sirius. I Decided I was keeping it so I hard-wired it in to my Hyundai Tucson and installed an FM modulator. See pix here...
f069re2.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)