Sirius XM iPhone App released - No Howard Stern

No Howard 100? only 101? Nice. Our proxy here at work doesn't block the addresses directly linking to the stream.

It's on at 2pm central on 101! ;)

My old Mogul (2007) and Touch Pro (2008) using WM5 gets both 100/101 just fine since 2007.

Not everyone is interested in Stern and in the financial markets they think not renewing his contract will save the company a ton of money.
i am mildly surprised that they are not caharging for an extra receiver. Taht si more than the $2.95.

And I thought DishNetwork was bad with the nickle and diming with the fees and rules. Apple & AT&T take the cake on this one.

This has nothing to do with Apple, this is all Sirius. Apple has no control over if Sirius streams Howard Stern or not. Why would Apple care? They would WANT Stern on there because it means more people would be on the iPhone and buy the app. AT&T probably doesn't care, because they just let the MLB app stream live video of games.

So the answer is that Sirius is the only one screwing people here. Don't blame Apple and their great phone for this.

They are talking about this App on BTLS right now. The guy asked why there's no Howard. They said they didn't know but would email Sirius. They suggested PocketTunes or something.

This has nothing to do with Apple, this is all Sirius. Apple has no control over if Sirius streams Howard Stern or not. Why would Apple care? They would WANT Stern on there because it means more people would be on the iPhone and buy the app. AT&T probably doesn't care, because they just let the MLB app stream live video of games.

So the answer is that Sirius is the only one screwing people here. Don't blame Apple and their great phone for this.

Somehow I doubt this is all Sirius with Apple's & AT&T's track record of blocking content and bandwidth intensive apps. I doubt will we ever know the truth.

And yes, it is a great phone, there is just a huge issue with Apple and AT&T being the drones that filter what you can do with YOUR phone.

Somehow I doubt this is all Sirius with Apple's & AT&T's track record of blocking content and bandwidth intensive apps. I doubt will we ever know the truth.

And yes, it is a great phone, there is just a huge issue with Apple and AT&T being the drones that filter what you can do with YOUR phone.

I tell you how to find out the truth. If all the S* subscribers call in to cancel and tells them why they cancel maybe will find out. I bet you S* will add on HS.

DRC started off good, but now if you can't say anything good about Sirius XM then they dont really want you around.

Now its just a big ad to sell radios.

DRC started off good, but now if you can't say anything good about Sirius XM then they dont really want you around.

Now its just a big ad to sell radios.
Yea if you look in the Radios forum when ever someone starts a thread with a problem the 3rd or 4th post is someone from TSS telling them to buy an antenna or somthing from them . :D

It has nothing to do with Apple or AT&T

SiriusXM is not free. I downloaded the app this morning and found Sirius wants to milk me out of another 2.95 for premium listening to get it on my Iphone. I think this is BS. ATT wants to limit bandwidth usage and Sirius pulls this crap.

The $2.95 charge is the standard charge that Sirius put on in March for adding internet listening accounts. If you bought a 6 month or better renewal before March, it was free for the duration of your renewal. If you already have your account set up for internet listening, there is no additional charge for iPhone app access.

The $2.95 charge is the standard charge that Sirius put on in March for adding internet listening accounts. If you bought a 6 month or better renewal before March, it was free for the duration of your renewal. If you already have your account set up for internet listening, there is no additional charge for iPhone app access.

I set up 3 years before March and can listen XM Online "Basic" for free. When I go into xm online, it asks me to upgrade to "Premium" for $2.95. So, I believe this is an extra charge even for subs who got in before the March deadline.

If this is not true, let me know...

Thanks
David

If I really need to listen to howard, I'll stream him on the ooTunes App I have. It's a pain to login each time, but it works.

Thanks Man, working good for me. I'm streaming from sirius website thru ooTunes. Hey, this thread has turned into some very good positive info. Go Iphone.

My shoutcast app always times out or errors after a few minutes when using 3G.

This is on my new Iphone 3GS. I experience this on the H101 stream and the couple of 80's stations I've tried, 32kps or faster.

It's annoying. Doesn't happen with any of the other streaming apps. Anyone else experiencing this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)