Sirius XM is pissing me off AGAIN

I tried to "activate" my internet radio account today after realizing the reason it has not been working this week is due to the new "fees". (I forgot that they were doing this so it took me a couple days to put 2 + 2 together).

So I went on line to active at $2.99, but it tells me that my radio's do not qualify for the $2.99 rate. I have two Roady 2's and 1 Roady XT, and none of the radio ID's work... I get the same message for each.

Am I missing something? Is Sirius XM forcing subs to have at least one "newer" radio to get the discounted online radio rate?

No they are not forcing anyone to have at least one "newer" radio. You are not missing anything. The problem is entirely on their end. As of this morning it hasn't been fixed, there is no explanation from the company and many, many frustrated listeners. You are an existing subscriber, therefore you should be able to subscribe for $2.99. It is as simple as that. It such a shame that SiriusXM is unable to get their act together.

Detailed Sirius pricing

Just got a response from Sirius. Not addressing my complaint of the added fee for a service they implied was included, but listing the details of their subscription pricing.

What isn't detailed (surprise!) is if the 'free listening' 'included for the entire time' is the 32K or 128K feed.

Scott, or anyone, does your lifetime include the 128K online account?

On March 11, 2009, SIRIUS Internet Radio will be $2.99 per month and our multi-receivers rates will increase to $8.99 per month. We are offering existing subscribers a way to continue both free online listening and the $6.99 per month multi-receiver rate for up to three years. To ensure your savings, please upgrade to one of the following plans:
- Lifetime Subscription $399.99 - 5 equal payments of $79.99 (For a limited time only). Free listening is included for the entire time you have this plan.
- $38.85 Quarterly
- $77.70 Semi-Annually
- 1 Year $142.45 1 month free = savings of $12.95
- 2 Years $249.99 4.77 months free = savings of $61.80
- 3 Years $349.99 9 months free = savings of $117.20
- 4 Years $518.00 8 months free = savings of $103.60
- 5 Years $634.55 11 months free = savings of $142.45
- 6 Years $751.10 14 months free = savings of $181.30
Currently, we are offering our 2-Year Plan for $249.99 and our 3-Year Plan for $349.99. Normally, these plans are priced as:
- 2 Years $271.95 3 months free = savings of $38.85
- 3 Years $401.45 5 months free = savings of $67.75
For accounts with multiple SIRIUS receivers, we offer a discounted plan of $6.99 per month for the 2nd through the 4th additional subscription.
Below is a list of our multi-receiver rates:
- Lifetime Subscription $399.99 - 5 equal payments of $79.99 (For a limited time only)
- $20.97 Quarterly
- $41.94 Semi-Annually
- 1-Year $83.88
- 2-Year $167.76
- 3-Year $251.64
- 4-Year $335.52
- 5-Year $419.40
- 6-Year $503.28
For example, if you upgrade to a Lifetime Subscription, you will receive a credit for any unused portion of your current plan towards the cost of the Lifetime Subscription. To have your subscription changed, please contact SIRIUS Customer Care at the number found below.
We continually rely on customer feedback like yours and research to enhance your entertainment experience. As we strive to create the most diverse listening experience available, we find that the feedback we receive is crucial to our success! We have forwarded your comments to our programming department for review.
We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact SIRIUS Customer Care.

Called Sirius:
1) rates listed above are temporary - lifetime is normally $499, partial payments are temporary and charged in 5 consecutive months
2) NONE of the subscriptions include the 128K feed - they include the 32k feed only

Last edited:
So i called to cancel 2 radios off my account a week ago, i look on my account today and i still have 3 radios. I was under the impression i was going to be credited for the year they had auto billed me for on my second radio, but i look on my bank account and sure enough no credit. So i call today and i get a nice lady that had to transfer me to another dept. ok then some lady with a horrible phone answers and gives me all this attitude and made it seem like she didnt want to credit my account, but finally after being on hold 3 times i was finally able to get it done. I wonder how screwed up my account is going to be now, especially since they gave me a 3 month trial on my second radio i bet it goes away. Whatever they think theyre all hot sh*t now that theyre stocks went up 15 cents.

Today I am a proud SatelliteGuy.

This issue pissed me off so much that I finally broke down and wrote an article about this issue for MultiChannel.

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/The_Satellite_Dish/11634-Sirius_XM_Bait_Switch_.php

This article was my most widely read and most commented on column ever!

I have been working with the many other people with this issue at XMFan.COM http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=101427 for the past week.

And I am hearing a very strong buzz that we have won the battle with Sirius XM and all customers who locked in will be getting the 128k stream for free for the length of the commitment.

I am very excited about this, now I wait for official word from XM on this matter.

Great to know, but it seems these expectations have been around for a few days. I eagerly wait official news.

Any read on if this same locked in rule applies to Sirius subscribers who locked in?

thanks

I can't even comprehend the idiocy of what's going on here anymore.

45 minutes on the phone today did not yield me anything in regard to the 128k stream, other than the CSR repeatedly saying she was 'informing me now' of what i wasn't informed of earlier when I renewed online, as though that's an acceptable business practice.

I'd also like to thank them for holding onto my $210 for the last month. I got auto-renewed for three years with no notice, downgraded to a one year renewal, and am still waiting for a credit a month later. the excuse there had something to do with me doing it online and no one requesting a refund, which is the biggest load of BS I've heard since the lock in doesn't include the promised 'upgrade'.... which I guess wasn't that long ago.

Some road trips this summer, and XM will be lucky to have me as a customer come fall at this rate

I was told two weeks about three weeks ago...still nothing on the 128k side...looks like they true don't care. I signed up for a 30 day trial...care of Oprah...and used a differant e-mail address, but my primary still not functioning in 128k...

Also getting tired of my skyfi3....for some reason, I have to keep doing hard resets to get my favorites. About ready to call them and take the whole package and ask for a refund...this is getting old. Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts